Why is he being so inconsistent? Any insight from the men?
Dating / 10:30 PM - Saturday November 27, 2010

I recently got back in touch with an old flame. I called him, left him a message and then he called me right back. He left a message with all of his phone numbers and information about when he works and if he doesn't answer if I call it is probably because he is at work and wearing earplugs because of the kind of work he does. All kinds of things to indicate that he really does want to talk with me.

But then, I called him and it took two weeks for me to hear from him and it was only after I sent him a text message asking if he was ok. He said he didn't realize two weeks had passed since he works so much. We had a great conversation and then didn't talk for a while. Our conversation lasted for 3 hours and I was the one who ended it. As far as I know, he is not in a relationship, from what he said and I believe him. He also said he really missed me and that he wanted to be in contact more often and see where this can go.

I called him last week and left him a message. I sent him a text for thanksgiving as I did all my friends and he texted back a long text telling me he didn't want to interrupt my family time but that he was going to be off from work for the next few days and he wanted to know if it would be okay if he called me. I texted him back the next day saying that it would definitely be okay for him to call me.

And NOTHING!!! I have heard nothing and it has been two days. I don't get it. Is he playing with me? Is this an ego boost or does he really care? What is the deal? Am I being an idiot? I know he has some issues with concentration and time, but if he really wanted to be in touch would that matter? He always seems so respectful and I want to believe him and what he says when we talk but his behavior is inconsistent and I don't want to feel like I am stalking him but I also don't want to be a doormat.

And should I just let it go and see what he does or should I be a strong woman and demand his attention (obviously not in a nasty way but jokingly of course). So men? What do you think and how would you react to a woman calling you after you asked via text if you could call her, she said yes and two days have passed and you hadn't called?

When people CARE, they show it. When people CARE, they want to be around you. When people CARE they MAKE TIME to talk to you.

This guy is juggling another relationship. There is no other explanation.

Bottom line: People do what gives THEM pleasure. Right now you are NOT it. :(

I know you want to hear from men but I would not play into these games. if you want, you can call or text him asking him what happened to him and you thought he wanted to get together. let him know you would like to get together but you find it odd that he just drops off the face of the earth and you are not about to beg for his attention.

if he is interested he will not do this and he will never lose your number etc. he is just stinging you along, keeping you for a day when he has nothing better to do.

- Response by fondacox, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45

He sounds a bit flaky. If a woman treated me like that I would suspect that she did not have a real strong interest in me... And there have been a few like that. lol Maybe he has other higher priorities going on in his life (personal, family, work, etc). Maybe pursue the relationship a little longer, but not much longer if his behavior does not change.

- Response by mld1221, A Career Man, Male, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Managerial