Can a doctor go out with his patient?
Dating / 4:56 PM - Monday November 22, 2010

Can a doctor go out with his patient?

I saw my surgeon today and he was fricken cute! What a hottie he is. ;) In my age range and looks so much like my ex boyfriend which was funny. I am extremely attracted to him and I am sure he was too. I noticed him checking me out when I was not looking and when I caught up he sort of bite his lower lip and took a deep breath and looked into my eyes. I was like what was that....hehe I like it. ;)
Then later he was looking at my files.Eyes me with a devilish smirk like I am something else. He showed off his dimples and I swear I felt like I was going to you know....;) I want to add him on facebook after he slices me up. He can show me off to his collages what he has done.
Also I am not having surgery on my face because I had an accident. Nothing serious.

- Asked by allyirls, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, New York, Fashion

I'm sure you're the first patient he's had drooling over him, so hey, go for it.

- Response by catscratch, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Executive

Nope. Violates ethical standards.

He cannot become "involved" with you while treating you, but once it's over - post op care and all - the question is moot.

- Response by A Career Man, Male, 36-45

No, doctors cannot date their patients or their interns. That's very unethical. You'd best find yourself another surgeon and get used to flirting and nothing more. This guy could lose his license for sleeping with one of his patients.

- Response by daugenstine, A Creative, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

No he can't, besides since he's a doctor, he's probably to bright to get involved with a woman like you. Oh maybe a roll in the hay, or a night on the town with you as his arm candy. But that would be it.

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Teaching