How to fix the cracked rear panel on my Ford Explorer?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 8:51 PM - Friday November 19, 2010

Apparently this is a common problem on Ford Explorers. The rear panel on my Explorer has a crack running down it. Ford won't fix it because it's cosmetic, and I can't really afford to have the entire panel replaced. Would putting some body filler in the crack and then painting over it with matching car paint hide the crack, or would it do more harm than good to put body filler in it?

This isn't my car but here is an image of what it looks like (the crack on my car doesn't touch the emblem though.):

http://www.carcomplaint images/1b79b23c-df1a-10 2d-8f1f-678b82e8086br.jpg

- Asked by sweett248, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28, Student

My daughter's explorer has been cracked for years, she choose not to fix it, it hasn't gotten worse over the years, but some models were recalled because of this defect...IJS

- Response by A Career Man, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?