Two periods in one month, could I be pregnant?
Sex & Intimacy / 10:11 AM - Friday November 19, 2010

I have been having normal periods but last month I got my period the 5 and then the 29 the first one was a normal period and would usually last about a week but the second one i was hardly bleeding and lasted about 3 days, could i be pregnant?

- Asked by lillyann91, A Thinker, Female, 22-25

Are you having unprotected sex??
Get a pregnancy test. Then take it. That should help you.

A period or lack of one is not the total deciding factor in pregnancy..

Trying to miscarry or having a misplaced pregnancy...say in your fallopian tube(ectopic pregnancy) could give you some odd
menstual symptoms...

Follow up with your doctor to be sure....

An ectopic prgnancy can be life threatening..you wouldn't want to over look that... It's principal symptom is pain localized on one side...sharp, remitting stabbing pains!

- Response by lady4u, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Cincinnati, Who Cares?

Highly unlikely since you wouldn't have an actual period, that's counter intuitive to the whole "baby needs a placenta" thing to grown. At your age, stress or changes in lifestyle can cause changes in hormones which lead to an unexpected period.

Many do not know this, even women, but there is somehting called "breakthrough" bleeding and it can happen the first month you are pregnant. Or your cycle could just be changing. All kids of things could affect it as I am sure you know...meds, stress, activity etc. Just don't beleive those who say that since you were bleeding you CAN'T be pregnant...you could.

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Sacramento, Other Profession

I would say to see a doctor. Nobody on this site can possibly answer this question without you getting checked out for it. No disrespect, just saying.

- Response by masterbody1, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55

You could have hormonal changes causing some bleeding during ovulation but you need to see a doctor to be sure. It is so imperative for you to know for sure at all times that you are not pregnant so ask about birth control while you are there.

- Response by maryea, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, New York, Retired

Not impossible but not likely that you are. Cycles can fluctuate. There is such a thing called implantation spotting(not everyone experiences this but can happen), but if you actually bled for three days I doubt you're pregnant. Take a test.

- Response by melmac, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

That happened to me when I had to take Plan B. It threw my period in an imbalance and ended up changing the dates of it. I don't know if that's your case but it's my experience. I went out and bought a pregnancy test just to make sure. I thought it was weird and super freaky, but I think you should do the same and just make sure. With as little information as you've given, there's no way anyone here will be able to tell you whether you're pregnant or not... LoL.

- Response by missbelle00, A Hippie Chick, Female, 22-25, Student