Married to a woman who I can never seem to make her happy. I never do the right thing, what to do?
Married Life / 6:07 AM - Wednesday November 17, 2010

- Asked by A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Columbus, Who Cares?

well,making a woman happy may seem like a very hard thing to do BUT the fact that no one really knows that making a woman happy is very easy IF you fully understand what she needs.
something must be bothering her and you cant just pretend that she is okay and ask for her to be happy.. you have to solve it and you will be surprised that sometimes it could be solved by a sweet hug or a kiss or a compliment (Just the fact that your showing her that you CARE).
because most of guys are there for their wives when they are sweet and loving but as soon as they're not you walk right out of the door..
show her that you care and everything will be okay :)

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Student

It's going to be a very long life to live with a woman who is NEVER happy. It's normal for married couples to have a couple of complaints against each other, but to complain about EVERYTHING is not normal or right. If it were me I'd cut my losses while still young and start looking for a better match, someone who accepts me as I am and isn't so negative. Good luck.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

You can't make anyone else happy. If someone isn't happy, there's not much anyone else can do unless they want to help themselves. You can bring happiness to a marriage, but you can't make another person happy ...

There could be many reasons why you are having difficulty in your marriage. It's best to talk to your wife and try to sort tihs out. That's the only way there would be hope to solve this problem

Good Luck.

- Response by mrscleaver16, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65

Improve communication, get counseling, or get out.

- Response by mrmoves, A Player, Male, 36-45, San Francisco, Self-Employed

This is her problem, not yours.

If you have tried everything you are willing to try and it doesn't seem to help, just back off of her completely. Let her complain and don't even respond, as it is a waste of your time anyway.

She is not looking to solve the problem here. She is looking to make you appear to be damaged.

If you don't give her those opportunities, it will throw her off balance on what she is attempting to do.

Just don't get involved in the game.

Let her come to you. If she is interested in something real with you at all... she will eventually drop the charade and come to you on real terms after she figures out that you are not playing along.

If she doesn't, it would never be fixed... even if you did played along.

Just something to think about. =-)

- Response by cutypy5840, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

stop trying so hard........maybe even get out. life's too short not to be happy.

- Response by praisegod, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

if you cant be yourself in a easy way. and she wont work with you on whats going on its time to end it. i was married to the same person. i tried but couldnt satisfy her. i wasnt happy in the long run. so i divorced her. now i have someone who appreciates me for who i am. no more walking on egg shells...

- Response by campy1, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Retail

You're not supposed to make her happy. She's supposed to be making YOU happy, and find her own happiness in doing so.
Put your foot down and tell her she's not doing her job.
Quit being a wussie Nice Guy. Learn about the Nice Guy Syndrome-- google for it. The road to Hell is paved with Nice Guys and their good intentions.

If you don't have children, get out NOW before she slaps you with C$$.

Sit down with her and make a list of all the things that are bothering her. Come up with solutions for each problem. If she doesn't want to solve a problem then, frankly, she needs to shut up about it.

There are so many variations to the severity of such a situations.

Is she just bad at communicating her needs, are you bad at understanding them, has it crossed a line into abusive behaviour on her part, or do you two simply (but very importantly) have different values?

I think you need to start by figuring out which it is.

Read up on marriage, on abuse, see a marriage counsellor together, or on your own if she won't go. Hint... if she isn't abusive, she'll probably readily agree to go with you and you'll have some constructive appointments.

Good luck to you.

search facebook for your lost love....

- Response by movi, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Administrative

are you married to Laura?

- Response by jamiesangel777, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Miami

You need to sit down with her and have a heart to heart talk because there might be something bothering her and it's obvious that you are 'bothered' by the fact that you feel you can't make her happy...if I learned anything about relationships, it's that NO ONE person can 'make' another person happy because it's up to the individual to make themselves happy, although their partner can contribute to their happiness, the partner cannot 'do' anything to 'make' their partner happy...I suggest you sit down, have a talk and find out what things could help make life better for BOTH of you and then make it a point to show her how much you both care/love one another by 'showing' affection for one another without having to ask/hint...:)