I think the reason some men hate women is because their mothers were unkind or abusive towards them
Family & Parenting / 9:41 PM - Tuesday November 16, 2010

when they were children.

what do you think. true or false?

- Asked by girlpower08, A Sportif, Female, 36-45

That is one of many reasons I would assume.

Men hating women has to be something that is taught to them in childhood be it an abusive parent or a traumatic experience with a women, girlfriend, or groups of girls in school ridiculing him.

And don't forget the ex wives club. It is that group I believe puts men over the edge.

- Response by yme4, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

I think alot of it has to do with how his father treats his mother. If his father was respectful towards his mother, that's what the son sees and absorbs, and that's probably how he'll treat women in his life.

If his father has been abusive to his mother, then he thinks that's the "norm" and will "carry out the tradition" with whomever he marries. This is from a psychological viewpoint.

But, you're not wrong, either. If his mother hammers away at him he could become abusive to his wife as well. (Like, getting back at Mommy.)

My father hates women and he was a neglected (although not necessarily abused in the usual sense) child of a very young teenage mother way back in the 30's. His mother eventually was able to take care of and provide well for him by the scars are still there. She is in her 90's now and lives with him, but he is rude to her,hateful to my mother/his wife, and is mean to me, his only daughter. We have all come to the conclusion that he really hates women and think his early years had a lot to do with it. He didn't meet his father until adulthood so it wasn't behavior he imitated.

- Response by abitspoiled, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Who Cares?

Greenwind needs a group hug.

true and false,it's hard for me to answer this because i don't hate anyone.
I think their behavior could stem from their mom's mistreatment or a previous relationship.

That been said is our past an excuse for bad behavior or just used as an excuse for bad behavior.

God Bless.

- Response by tleeb, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Dallas, Other Profession

Actually, sometimes that IS the story.

no

you cant say its a moms fault

99.9% of moms arent unkind or abusive towards their children

men are jerks and want one thing....they do anything to get it

the good guys always get lumped into that stereotype

- Response by curiousguy, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

since this can go both ways on both sexes, its not uncommon to see women who HATE men for the same reasons that men do. Whats those reasons you ask? Well for one past relationships that led to trauma, drama, mama, etc. Conflicted stories together with past family related issues during childhood and ah my favorite! LACK OF EDUCATION for the opposite sex...Hate is such a powerful word and if a man or woman hates one another because OF THE SEX, not the person, usually leads to that person just not understanding the opposite sex correctly. Oh I know women are hard to understand and figure out (men not so much) ;) but it still leads to not understanding the primary reasons. First ask WHY? why would men hate women??? Look around you for that question...how many guys get into problems with child support, divorce, affairs, etc. Our ancestors never has such problems in the past like child support taking half there earnings...combine that with the money going to a new guy that is spending the money for new rims on his chevy and you can see why more and more men not only hate women but avoid them all together leading to more gay men than ever before! I personally dont hate women at all..just some of the rotten bullshit they do lol ;) kidding....

- Response by sixmiles, A Career Man, Male, 26-28, Los Angeles, Other Profession

That's one part of the puzzle.

- Response by myrtletyrtle, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

That could be true. But a woman is a bit narcissistic if she sits there thinking men just hate her for no good reason.

- Response by king313, An Engaged Guy, Male, 29-35, Detroit, Who Cares?

i think pushkins made a good point but it has also been been suggested that abusive mothers have as strong a psychological impact on the attitudes of their sons as the fathers and their behavior do. i'm not so sure it is as totally black and white as your question. might be a combination of lifetime experiences.

- Response by divadancer2, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

I wish I could tell you, but I have no idea. I LOVE women. ;)

- Response by sirpsychosexy13, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Atlanta, Who Cares?

False. You've been watching too much tv and drinking too much pop psychology kool aid.

It could be that they don't actually "hate" women, but get so frustrated with the women who "know it all" that they have difficulty treating them respectfully.

Which - because the woman 'sees all, knows all' -s he takes as "hate" and is now convinced even further that her own self-righteous viewpoint is "true."

- Response by tooluser, A Career Man, Male, 36-45

I won't say their mothers were abusive but i will say that the image of a woman they grew up with may have affected them.

who knows, there could be 100 reasons why they're the way they are. i just try to stay far far away from them!

- Response by imissit, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 66 or older, Who Cares?

Women are soft and usually enjoy blood.

- Response by movi, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Administrative

I think women who think men hate them are annoying.

- Response by damnpoor, A Couch Potato, Male, 29-35, Other Profession