Help! He is taking things way too fast!
Dating / 1:43 PM - Tuesday November 16, 2010

Help! He is taking things way too fast!

I just got to know a guy and I think he really has potential. However he is taking things way too fast. I have tried to tell him but he isn't really listening to me. I'm just really afraid that it will fizzel out before we've even begun. How can I stop him from making a mistake I have made so many times myself without affecting the beautiful spontaneous part of falling in love?

Be very, very aware of a person who takes it too fast for comfort. In my experience their true colors will come out soon and their mental instability and/or co-dependent personality will be exposed. Guard yourself.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Ignore him for a couple days. It'll drive him crazy, and he'll want to know why. Tell him it's because he didn't listen when you said to slow down.

- Response by mrmoves, A Player, Male, 36-45, San Francisco, Self-Employed

Too fast is the endorphines and "love" chemicals working overdrive. You MUST slow it down. It is 1.5 years of the "romance" stage in which our chemicals work over time. After that comes the reality. Take your time. After 3 years you will know if you are both compatible.

- Response by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

Why cant you just accept him the way he is?