I am 53 and just getting divorced. are the stats that grim about me finding a new significant
Dating / 1:32 AM - Sunday November 14, 2010

other? I'm not overweight and take good care of myself but Im a bit insecure as I was married 29 years & I have heard a lot of sad/bitter stories from other women. thx!

U can find someone cuz there are plenty of men such as your husband that find themselve newly single and plenty others who have been single for a while after a divorce and are just dying to find somebody to share the last quarter of there life with. Try online dating once all the dust has settled. I wouldn't try dating anyone just yet but u can start doing some window shopping right now. There are two free online dating sites that u can use to window shop. pof.com and okcupid.com. I'm not really in a good position to date anyone right now but I look at those site all the time just to see what is out there.

- Response by aron77, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Kansas City, Celebrity

There is someone else out there for you, it is only a matter of time and you will meet him. Don't rush, take your time and be careful. Evaluate the reasons your marriage ended this late in life so that you don't go through another heartache. Do you still enjoy sex? I am asking this because most women lose interest in sex after having been married for so long. The next guy will still demand sex...think about it.

- Response by int24h, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Alternative Medicine

hi, im 52 and ive been divorced for 2 yrs. now. it was hard at the beginning. after dating for that time i found a really good woman. i was married for 30 yrs. be patient and keep your expectations high. there's someone out there for all of us. i new i wanted the best in my life. and my prayers were answered. i plan on getting married in may. you'll find that person. good luck and be happy.

- Response by campy1, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Retail

If you're a cutie, and you don't get all bitchy for no reason...
I could even possibly grow to love you, but... I'm not marrying.

I'm 52 in another week, and I'm a rock star with a perfect life!

- Response by mikegeeboyd, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, Artist / Musician / Writer

You need to take time for yourself. My husband just said to find yourself a younger colt and enjoy (LOL) Watch it there are some of these women that would give you theirs....Not always a good Samaritan gesture. Just remember have fun and don't feel like you have to be part of a pair to have a good life.

- Response by morista, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Managerial

49 married 26yrs why is it we stay this long and boom it's over I am going through the same good luck

- Response by schnurm, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

There are a zillion guys out there looking for what and who you are.

Up till Death, you can find a new significant other. 53 is not old in today's terms.

Make a list of what you are bringing to the table.

- Response by megadisk, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Other Profession

You should not have such a defeatist attitude! There are plenty of men out there that desire a woman of your age.

In fact,I just returned from an organizational dance where many of the ladies were in their 50's and were having a wonderful time dancing and talking with men.I danced with two ladies there, one of whom I know to be in her late 50's and possibly 60; the other, whose age I don't know, who appears to be in her 50's. I know the former for several years; she is beautiful and an excellent dancer who has many men after her while I know the other one about a year; she is attractive and has men dancing and talking with her. I also know some other ladies that are not attractive but whom I like for other reasons such, as for example, their warmth.

Accordingly, there is no excuse for you not to meet men. They are out there.You just have to meet them. And the choice is yours: If you don't care for a certain man, leave him and go for another.

You do not mention where you live. If in a big city,you should have no trouble finding dances. If in a small city or suburb, you may have to travel a bit. And of couse, if you live in a rural area,the distance may be long but still worth it for meeting men.

The again,you can always move to a big city and attend organinizational dances there.

- Response by size008, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, New York, Retired

Don't know about the stats, but I think you'll have a hard time if you allow yourself to worry about sad/bitter stories.

Life's too short to worry about that crap. Stay positive. You're not those other women. There are plenty of men out there looking for attractive women, in all age ranges.

- Response by mrmoves, A Player, Male, 36-45, San Francisco, Self-Employed

well, here's my answer...

if you have one of these two things, you've got a good chance..

MONEY OR LOOKS

i'm 49 and in the last four years, i've been dumped by men who wanted to date much older, and heavier women, just because they were successful and had money... there's alot of men out there looking for sugar mama's so be careful...alot of men nowadays, want security instead of love.

i'm not saying this happens to everyone, i am just giving you some advice from my experience. good luck.

- Response by givemeabreak, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

We WERE 67 and 76, THE LOVE AFFAIR OF THE CENTUrY Till CANCER TORE US APART> D

Life begins at 40, you're only 10 years into it, relax enjoy, the kids are gone!!!!

- Response by 2jacksam, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Denver, Self-Employed

Age is just a number. Right now since you have been divorced, you feel you don't have any self confidence. The first thing you must do is have your own life with your friends. Or make new ones. Go involve yourself in an activity that you want to do. That way you can be happy in the things you do. Also, you may find friends to be with. That way, when you start to feel better about yourself and be happy again, when you least expect it, you will attract men who see you happy. Guys don't create your happiness. Have your own life which you can control does. That is how it goes. So if you want to do a makeover, why not go for it. If you have funds to go away in vacation, then take friend or not and travel. Good luck there is always hope for anyone once you start to think positive. But do learn from your past experiences with your marriage. Thar is the key to your future.

- Response by womanv, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, New York, Self-Employed