What vehicle could i use to get to work that does NOT require a driver's license? (not a bike!)
Career / 12:53 PM - Wednesday November 10, 2010

what vehicle could i use to get to work that does NOT require a driver's license? (not a bike!)

im hoping to find a road vehicle to help me get back and forth to my job. i cant borrow anyone elses car right now. its really wayyy to far to walk. i just need something i can use everyday to get me to work, preferably something with a Motor. something that does not require a driver's license. im wondering which motorized vehicle (not a bicycle) would be best for gas efficiency and all around dependability. should i use an ATV? or a mo-ped? maybe a motorcycle? WHICH IS THE CHEAPEST? im not sure how the road laws of Georgia will effect that decision. i will have to check on that. but i really need to keep my job! and im desperate for advice? anybody? help!???

There's this thing called a BUS. For $2 you can ride it to work and requires no licensure on your part.

Of course, you could always ride a bicycle. Everything else requires a license as far as I know.

- Response by jasean, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Philadelphia, Artist / Musician / Writer

some moped or motorized bicycles don't require a DL for operation, but you also have to be careful because some or not road legal either. it bepends on your state and local roadway laws.

- Response by proteus, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Pittsburgh, Who Cares?

you can get a scooter that is under 50cc you don't need a license to operate

- Response by j3s5e, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

Don't Drink and Drive

- Response by A Hip Hop Guy, Male, 66 or older

The government tries to own and control every part of our lives. Their drivers licenses is one huge government control of the people.

If you don't drive your options are 1. city bus if available 2. Bicycle. or 3. get a horse.

Without a driver's license or RIDESHARE situation, and the desire to avoid violating any other laws, you are left only with Public Transportation.

Even a moped or scooter requires YOU to be licensed, even if they need not be.

I have a co-worker who takes the train to work about 70 miles total distance. She gets here in less than an hour. She has 2 transfers and takes a bus to the end of our block. She then walks the last couple hundred yards. Every day. Often another co-worker (kissing ass) will see her walking and pick her up, but it's her own choice to commute this way.

She could definitely 'afford' to drive her own vehicle, but said that she uses the time on the train to work (she's a Sr. Mgr, so her work day never really ends).

- Response by A Career Man, Male, 36-45

Get a motorized bike or mo-ped. Not sure on the laws in your state but where I live, you don't need any license or permit for the motorized bike, you DO need a permit for the moped but not a license and they're only a few hundred dollars too.

There are a wide range of electric scooters available now too that go up to 20mph and don't need a license or even a permit, again depending on the state. Though the range is limited to about 20 miles do it depends how far your job is from you.

A motorcycle requires a license in every state as far as I know and I don't think you can use an ATV as a vehicle on the roads.

Other than the, public transportation or train, carpooling or such would be the next best thing.

I had a moped for years and had a blast on it until I upgraded to a motorcycle and a car.

Stop being so lazy and get a bike. It's easier than you think once you get your legs in shape. They are way cheaper,the world is your handicapped parking spot and you get healthier every time you use it.

A Pogo Stick. But make sure you wear a Bra or you may cause some accidents !!

- Response by hands, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Hong Kong, Who Cares?

c-star to hands lmao.. if she is flat chested the she don't have to worry haahha

- Response by mburgos, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Who Cares?

A Big Wheel.