I recieve food stamps, cash assistance and ssi due to being disabled.
Family & Parenting / 7:30 PM - Tuesday November 09, 2010

and have 2 dogs. 1 is pregnant. the puppies are due in about 3 weeks. do i have to report my income from selling the purebred puppys to the DHS and social security administration?

- Asked by A Player, Female, Who Cares?

nobody rarely reports extra income..and that is the god's honest truth especially in this day and age... but it would be the right thing to do.but i'm gone to be honest.. i wouldn't ..it's not like you getting that money every month..now if it was steady income..(yes report it...but it a one time thing.. save it , catch up on some bills., do a lil christmas shopping...your gone to go thru alot of red tape , if ya do, and then more red tape to get your income back as it was... oh and if ya want .. give something tyo your nearest salvation army..take care

- Response by mburgos, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Who Cares?

Not if you eat them.

If you are disabled and receiving ssi, you can actually earn up to a certain amount each month without it affecting your ssi. I think right now the amount is around $700.00 a month. This is allowed as some people are disabled, and can't work at; however, some people can work every now and then, but never know when they will feel good enough to work, or feel bad enough not to be able to get to work. Having "on call" part time work is allowable as far as generating income. So if you "part time" income is from selling the puppies, and it is less than $700. a month, it will not affect your ssi. For the other programs you receive assistance from, it might affect you for just the month you receive the money, however, I would just call them and ask. Since this is not something that will continue monthly and is just a one time deal, it might not have any affect at all. Make the call anonamously if it will make you feel more comfortable, but they can't find out if you made any money if it is all cash transactions, and you don't run the money through your checking account.

- Response by mom2855, Female, 56-65, Retired

Why should taxpayers support your animals.? You are being a bit greedy, D

No.

Keep your mouth shot and enjoy the money.

- Response by lokipr, A Player, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

I think you're supposed to, although you could probably get away with keeping it under the table. I have to wonder why you didn't get both of your dogs fixed though.

Yes, you do.

Wow this is mind boggling. If I were on government assistance I would not have pets. That is a plus if you can afford them.
I would say you have to report any income to them, no matter where it comes from. But judging from your question you won't. Or you wouldn't have asked it in the first place.

Hmm so, you can't bring in income and need assistance because you're dissabled but... you're about to bring in income even though you're dissabled

:/

:/

:/