Does facebook cause problems in relationships??
Sex & Intimacy / 2:02 PM - Thursday November 04, 2010

Facebook has cause many problems and drama in past relationships and my current relationship. Do you agree with having a facebook if your in a serious relationship?? and do you think it should only be for singles?

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 22-25, Student

Facebook should be for anyone who feels like using it.

The problem isn't with Facebook - it's with the immaturity of some of the people who use it.

My boyfriend is on facebook because he tried to find military buddies, high school buddies, and keep in contact with his family. But he was the one who got me on it when we met and so we could chat on there.
But I just felt it wasn't for me. I don't care to find people in the past or keep in touch with my family. I don't even have much of a family, except for him and my sister.
So I left cause I just don't care. And now they have had all this shit about privacy breaches so I don't trust that. So I got out in case some shit went down there. :)

But yeah I think the reputation its got it shoulf be just for single people I guess. Or if you care to look up people from your past and want them in your life again. I could give two shits about the past. Look to the future people!

- Response by ellekassia26, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Home Maker

That's just crazy talk.

I use Facebook to see pics of my friends and family.

It doesn't have anything to do with my romantic life.

No, Facebook doesn't cause problems - it doesn't cause anything, it's an inanimate object. Facebook - just like anything else - can be used for good or ill. If Facebook didn't exist, the people who create problems with it, would just use something else.

Facebook is for children.

- Response by A Life of the Party, Female, Who Cares?

any activiety that requires the other person to act as though they are the only one that matters is a problem, so yes I guess facebook could cause a problem just like porno can!

Balance people don't know how to balance :) Problem Free ;)

- Response by mrsmm, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I've been on myspace and facebook since they both began...although no longer on myspace. I do believe that these sites can cause problems in a relationship. One always ends up stalking the other. People make quick judgments about pictures or what people post on your wall. What also is not cool are the guys that contact me that are married and saying things like, "You were the one that got away" or "Wow you really look beautiful, when are you coming home so we can catch up?" I'd kill my husband if I knew he was doing that!

The worst is getting that friend request when you first start dating someone. I never allow it...it takes the mystery out of getting to know the person. Then, if it doesn't work out, you end up deleting their profile or if a person is psycho...writes nasty stuff about them.

- Response by nico76, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Facebook is fun and it's a great way to catch up with folks who live elsewhere.

As a rule I NEVER post anything on Facebook that I wouldn't want my mother or my old high school teachers to read. Nothing about my dating life, etc.

I see nothing wrong with being on Facebook while in a relationship.

No, it should not be only for singles. That would make it ten times more creepy. Knowing folks might read what you post who have families and kids (or knowing that actual kids might read what you post -- I have quite a few Facebook friends under 18) can discourage you from being inappropriate.

- Response by steveharrymike, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Los Angeles, Artist / Musician / Writer

I have a Facebook page and what I do and suggest is not to establish your status period. I don't have it because people like to be in other people's business. Plus, you create your own drama. I have my Facebook page with only people I network with in my business and my close friends. I do have my boyfriend on it but he was my friend before we dated. He still has "single" on but I shouldn't let that dictate my life. He & I are together and that's it. Technically we are si gle until I get married. But I am private with my personal life so its not on Facebook.

- Response by womanv, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, New York, Self-Employed

Well it has between my daughter and me!! I saw some posts from the daughter of the woman who wrecked my marriage on how it ws so great seeing her that weekend, when my daughter had told me that they had very little contact..just sent a card at xmas, etc. So that was a lie. Yes, I can't control WHO she is friends with but this girl's mother is divorced from my daughrer's dad now for a couple years...I guess I don't see why they are keeping up a connection. Then another woman who I never heard of said she saw pictures of the baby (my grandbaby) at the bad woman's house!!! I'm like "Wait a min, something is off here"...so I questioned her about it and she gets all mad at me. So I must be the bad one.

it shouldnt be part of a healthy relationship,it only causes drama and problems,i have friends who it only was problems

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Managerial

I've been doing facebook for a couple years now and really enjoy it. Have many friends and family on it.

It's really cool to reconnect with old friends from years past. AS far as ruining relationships I think if somebody is trying to blame facebook I think they are Bogus. If somebody is using Facebook to cheat then there was trouble with the relationship already.

- Response by usarmy24id, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Celebrity

i heard facebook causes irritable bowl syndrome for life. don't do it.

- Response by jackstraw, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

Did Michael Jackson touch little boys?
Nobody wants to believe it's true, but it is.

- Response by A Hip Hop Guy, Male, 66 or older