How do people my age meet someone to date!!! lol
Sex & Intimacy / 9:08 AM - Thursday November 04, 2010

I am 55, look 45, and can't find any decent men to date. On the dating sites, I have to lie about my age; Most men in there late 40's don't look at profiles of women who are 55. I have never dated anyone older than me - ever kids fathers. (Married twice - last husband died) - Men my age all seem "Old", and I am just not old !! Not a cougar, but would like to date someone that still likes to dance, entertain and do something on the weekends, but not be home and in bed by 9 pm ! Not into bar scenes; and have tried the internet and just have had no luck ! Any suggestions:

- Asked by Female, 56-65, Retired

You are picky and that's GOOD! It means you won't settle for anything that just "comes your way. (You have also been through love and life and marriage...you don't wanna set yourself up.)

I think you should ask your friends--if you haven't already--if they know anyone. (It's not 'online dating' but it's kinda similar AND your friends know you better than a website.) They can just tell a potential match that they, "have a good friend who I think you would have a great time with!" Take a chance; you are obviously a strong woman who knows what she wants = ) you got this.

- Response by 09beepbeep01, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Retail

I'm beginning to see why you have no man.

Wow, I just wrote something yesterday about internet dating and wanted people's experiences. Some pretty funny.

Right now I am in Florida and meeting people but all from online and I am 65. When up in Mass. I never saw anyone as the guys my age are also really old looking and are looking for the young chicks.

But I did have a few dates with a kid who is only 45 so it is possible!! I 'm not here long enough to start anything anyway just wanna have some fun for now. I have dates for tonight and tomorrow with two different guys. Wow, I am already not looking forward to tonight's ...I just saw him on webcam and dam, he didn't look anything like his freakin' picture, but I will meet up anyway. Before this I didn't date for over four years becasue of a relationship that went bad..from online.

I don't truly know WHERE to meet anyone except this way. But it's like having another full time job!!!

Well they are out there but you may have to date down in age to find a guy to date. I say try other things and places like bookstores and coffee shops. As for on the net post pictures of you doing the things you like to do and it will happen.

I'm in the same situation. I go home at night and mind my own business.
I agree about people who seem "old". Lots of women come across that way, but I see hot babes in their fifties also.
I've sort of given up, because most single women I meet have turned celibate and spend their evenings with their cat and a glass of wine. The others are busy stocking up groceries for five.
BTW-- I'm 56, have most of my hair, it's not gray; got all my teeth, and I'm in great physical shape. I see plenty of other men in fine shape, too. You can always find us in the grocery stores. Look at our handbaskets, and offer to fix something better.

My mom is in the same boat as you are and unfortunately, has had the same luck. It's hard to meet good people at 30, so I could imagine it only gets more difficult the older you get.

Do you know anyone that you work with that might know someone? I agree on the internet bit - complete waste of time.

- Response by jasean, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Philadelphia, Artist / Musician / Writer

If you lived closer to me, I would ask you out. I also look young for my age. Your age doesn't matter to men - they just want to know that you are still sexual.

Why not go out and live and stop looking for someone? It might seem like an odd concept for a lot of people, but believe it or not it works. When you go out and live your life you find people that enjoy doing the same things as you... not people that say they enjoy doing the same things as you. Personally, my husband and I enjoy traveling and trying new things... you wouldn't believe the amount of people that we meet out traveling by themselves and then we all hang out and wala... before you know it two people are in a relationship. Be open to meeting people, enjoy your life, and see where it leads you. It doesn't have to be extravagant or exciting, it just has to be you.

Lying on your profile isn't going to encourage men to want a relationship with you. Get involved with life, join groups, volunteer, take courses..You might find some active interesting men in your age group. Rosey

OK. How about Sierra Singles? I used to meet active women on evening hikes in LA. I suppose you need to do what you like to do for fun and look for other men doing the same. I don't think 55 is old. If you are still in good condition then take advantage of that. Hopefully you can meet someone doing the same.

Tough spot. You say you're not a cougar? May have to become one...

- Response by shadetreepilot, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Charlotte, Technical