If a guy calls a woman a couple times a week and sees her one to two times a week, does that mean he
Dating / 11:30 PM - Wednesday November 03, 2010

may be serious about her? My guy says he's serious about me but he doesn't really act like it because I think he is not calling me that much. I call him more. Does it really matter?

could be serious, could be not. no one really knows that answer but him. you have to move away from trying to read him by the little actions he does. most guys express seriousness in only a few things. one is actually taking the time to plan some date to make you happy. two is going out to buy the ring. three is making sure he knows your safe and taken care of.

so for instance if you told me you were going out with friends for the weekend, I wouldn't bother to call. or if you were taking time to catch up on reading and studying then i wouldn't call. but if you said you wanted to see me and would be patiently waiting then i'd feel i should call because she's expecting me.

I'm not sure if any of that is clear but there is generally no out of the blue reason for guys to call a girl.

- Response by A Creative, Male, 29-35, Vancouver, Technical

I think it's just one of those inherent traits that we have as women. I don't know whether its a bad thing or not. I wouldn't waste your time dwelling on the fact that you called him 6 times this week, but he only called you 3 times. It's not important, the fact that he is calling you a few times and making the time to hang out with you is important.

I read this article in a magazine once that said women obsess over the small stuff that guys don't even think about or realize and that we need to just relax and not nit pick about every little thing.

You have to remember that some people have a pretty busy schedule and sometimes the couple dates a week is all that a person can get it. Granted I don't know how busy he really is, but I know what it's like to be busy and have very little down time to actually relax and hang out.

It doesn't matter if you call him more, but now how would you feel if he called you constantly? I think it would be a little weird if that were the case. Maybe you could let him call you instead of always calling him and make sure that he's interested and is willing to make the effort. Goodluck I hope it works out for you!

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Administrative

Generally, guys don't bother calling or taking the time to hang out with you unless they enjoy your companionship...

Slow down, and don't wonder whether or not he's "serious." Give him the time to figure that out on his own.

And as to calling him more, well, yes, I think that it does matter. You may want to call him for a specific thing once in a while, but it's generally better to just enjoy chatting when HE calls, otherwise he may start to feel that you are "expecting more," and that may only cool him off.

Just relax!!

Good luck!!

- Response by husband, A Career Man, Male, 29-35, Transportation