Will I lose weight if I stop drinking diet soda?
Diet & Health / 7:35 PM - Wednesday November 03, 2010

I've heard that people who stop drinking diet soda daily tend to lose weight. I don't drink regular soda (my brother is diabetic and therefore all that we had in the house when I was a kid was diet soda). I probably have about two 20oz bottles of diet soda a day. If I stop drinking diet soda and start drinking water, do you think I'll lose weight?

- Asked by beantownchica34, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

Definately, even though diet is of course way better than regular, the sodium makes you look bloated! I stopped drinking soda when I went on a natural diet and lost like ten pounds in a few weeks, and I wasn't even exercising more than usual! Water is very important and if you replace all that soda you have been drinking with water I guarentee not only will you look better, you will FEEL better!

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

Probably not. But you might be healthier. Soda isn't considered good for you. I drink ice water most of the time. Sometimes with lemon juice and a little fake sugar. It works for me.

100% YES! There are have been many studies saying diet soda is linked to weight gain and besides that soda is horrible for your health!

yes it helps.Pop is full of sugar..bad sugar and if you stop drinking it you will lose weight.

Diet soda is actually more harmful to your body than regular. water is definitely better for you - diet (aspartame) dehydrates you and can cause muscle cramps. The side effects of this FDA approved poison are about 2 pages long and horrifying.

Aspartame can make you crave more sweets. It keeps your body from acting NORMAL - the sooner you cut this poison out of your diet, the better. You probably will drop a lot of lbs once you cut it out of your diet. Exercising helps too...

- Response by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

Any artificial sweeter will slow your Metabolism down. Most regular soda today is sweetened with high fructose corn syrup which also slows your Metabolism. Organic soda has excess sugar but is best.
Drink filtered water and you will lose weight.

- Response by philosopher1, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55