Should I be honest about my income on dating sites...
Dating / 1:39 PM - Wednesday November 03, 2010

This post reminded me of a question that came up while filling out info for dting sites. Okay, due to the way I run my businesses, I don't really make that much. I take most of the profits and putthem back in the businesses or pay down the loans. I actually take home less than some of my employees, But I have my own company vehicle and have paid down my big loan for one of my businesses in half the time I took the loan out for. I just think since I can't explain the situation some women will not give me the time of day.

Update: November 03, 2010.
This is not a specific person... this is what the website asks when filling out the profile. It looks bad if you don't complete all the information. I think in one case you couldn't go any further unless you answered all the questions on one page.

- Asked by juandontbeg, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

I don't think you should have to explain your income at all.

As long as you do your best to take care of your financial responsibilities, that is all that matters.

If she thinks anything else, it is very likely not even worth it. =-)

- Response by cutypy5840, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

anyone that even asks your income should not even be considered!!! Next time a woman asks you that, ask her bra size or weight and see how she feels about "personal" quetions.

I believe that any woman worth dating will not put much weight on a man's income. If they are able to take care of themselves, that should be sufficient. Women work too. It is completely unfair for a woman to expect a free ride, simply because she is a woman. She shouldn't be salary shopping in the first place. If she is, believe me, you don't want her. You will never make enough money to keep her happy.

- Response by jess2481, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Cincinnati, Other Profession