I hit my dad and he beat my ass. Was he really wrong in doing so?
Family & Parenting / 1:20 PM - Sunday October 31, 2010

I had to pop this question. I'm 21 now but when I was 17 I got into a fight with my dad. It's that male right of passage that teen guys go though, thinking they can take their fathers. I really thought I could take mine and when he grounded me I decided to physically oppose his decision. I punched him as hard as I humanly could and all it did was make him mad. My father has never hit me before that or after that fight. But during that fight he tried to knock hell fire from me! I remember being laid out on the floor crying like a little girl and begging him to end the fight. As he pulled me up off the floor and sat me down on the couch, he told me that he was willing to listen to any opinions or disagreements I may have as long as I never ever put my hands on him again. I hurt for days after that ass whipping of a lifetime. But my dad did stick to his word and started treating me more like an adult as long as I acted like one. I guess something it takes extremes to get points across?