Why do people chew with their mouths open? Is it because they watched their parents do it?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 8:13 PM - Friday October 22, 2010

I think it is every parents responsibility to teach their kids good table manners early on in life.

- Asked by int24h, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Alternative Medicine

i'm in agreement with you. i have noticed though that it seems to be cultural thing so what may we nasty to some, may be normal to others.

- Response by kungfudewd, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

What is taught, is learned,
and passed on to the next
generation as well.

- Response by lakotaindiangirl, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Consulting

Ugh...my mother has done that for years. She talks with her mouth full of food and shovels it in while she is talking. Disgusting.

None of her siblings do it though

- Response by scooper, A Sportif, Female, 46-55, Dallas, Who Cares?

You're asking people who pick their nose with their THUMBS?

- Response by A Couch Potato, Male, 56-65, Who Cares?

My brother began imitating my father as a joke and now he does it all the time without even knowing he's doing it. It's soooo annoying

- Response by momof4, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Administrative

I think a lot of bad behaviors people use come from their parents. Poor table manners is only one area where this happens.

My horse does that and he loses a lot of the best stuff on the ground. I don't imagine I can teach him now.

I agree with you 100%. All children should be taught table manners. There is nothing I hate to see more than elbows on the table and hear smacking and chewing with their mouths wide open. But then again, I see a lot of parents doing it too. I sometimes think children do it because they have a stuffy nose and cannot breathe unless they have their mouths open while they eat. That is my only guess.

- Response by 3wiltedroses, A Player, Female, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

I also think the parents should teach their children correct table manners. I guess they don't because they weren't taught bu theie parents. Sad situation.

- Response by mrsjack, A Thinker, Female, 66 or older