Have you ever wanted to just change your life and move to a whole new State?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 12:00 PM - Thursday October 21, 2010

Did you do it? what were your reasons for doing it? and did it turn out to be a positive or negative move in your life?

- Asked by darkflower73, An Alternative Girl, Female, 36-45

I tried that, but it didn't go the way I planned. I was going to move across the country and start a new life with an old woman-friend. I was going to attend a trade school and begin an entirely new career.
Her part of the plan fell apart almost immediately when I showed up.
I did the school training, but I was homeless and broke by then, so I came back here. I had to stay with family until my work was profitable enough to move out again.
That was sixteen years ago. I feel like fate had this planned for me, and today I'm just where fate wanted me to be, and just the people I should be with.

I have wanted to a few times. But, ultimately, I haven't. Not from lack of a sense of adventure, just realizing that if I did move that I'd be moving away from my family and friends but not my restlessness or my problems.

I just make sure to look after myself -- pedicures, travel, nice food, etc.

Well maybe but no I didnt do it no reason is because I am to broke and I got roots here. How about you? I dont know anybody in another state.

....I know of a few who have done JUST that very thing..

.....if they HADN'T had felony arrest warrants pending, most would have never given the idea much thought, however.

- Response by nameacarl, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Oostende, Self-Employed

I like to visit different places. Do you want moe to another state?

Yes I did.. I wanted to make major changes and make a move after my divorce. I didnt end up making the move but I did think seriously about it.

- Response by lovesgoldens, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

I moved over 2,000 miles. Ostensibly, because things weren't going well at my job, then, and my relationship wasn't going anywhere, so I said, what the heck, I should do this thing now while I'm still young and unestablished. Over 20 years later, I'm still here. Much older and wiser. If I could go back and NOT make that decision, I would.

- Response by carinabay, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Lawyer

We just did 3 weeks ago - moved from NC (on the beach!) to Iowa!!!
It's been weird...I'm used to going to the g-store or Walmart & recognizing and saying HI to everyone
Now I know NO-ONE!! I still say HI to everyone :-)
But only get funny looks now
There are days when I drive home from Walmart crying because I miss knowing people, but that'll come with time.

On the other hand - my 2 kids are handling this better than I am - but they have school & sports to meet people. They both already have a nice circle of friends.
I hate to admit it, but I'm almost counting on their friends parents to become MY new circle of friends now :-)

- Response by Vickey69, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

YES AND FOR A MINUTE I THOUGHT IT COULD OF BEEN. Until we became just me.

- Response by rayless, A Creative, Male, 36-45

I did just that back in 2001. My ex husband was making my life soooooooooo miserable after our divorce, even though he remarried, got the house, custody of our daughter ,etc. but he could not stop trying to do me in.

So I had a tag sale, packed a truck and my son drove me to South Florida towing my car. I had some money from the divorce and didn't have a problem with making friends so I was not worried. I bought a condo, went to school, found work blah blah. Started over. Still to this day, do not really know where I got the guts.

I did just that.In some ways it was good.But my kids are still there.I wish I were with them.

Yea moved 4 states away and took up a whole new life. Found out you can change your life without the expence of moving. I wound up moving right back.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

OH!! YEH. I came from nowhere on this globe to Ohio/ US then to NYC I went to grad school and fall in love with the city but then I moved to upstate NY. I don't know what will happen tomorrow. I am on the road since 2000.

Yes, I did.
I grew-up in a tiny town in the middle-of-nowhere wondering, "WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE LIVE HERE??"
So, right after HS, I joined the Air Force.

I was 17. I stayed with the AF for 22 years and I've been all over the World and I've lived a very interesting life.

I also lived in Alaska for several years.

When I was about 10, my daddy woke me up one night, wrapped a blanket around me, and took me outside to see the Northern Lights.
You could, RARELY, see them back then as far South as Texas. You can't anymore.

I was just fascinated!

He told me all about them and how they came about and where they originated and I thought, "I'm gettin' up there someday!"

I've seen the Northern Lights up-lose and personal many times.
I'm glad I left.
It hurt my parents some and they worried about me at first but I'm still glad I spread my wings and I FLEW.
It was a positive for me.

- Response by jenny12, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

there is always one major problem that comes with using geographical escape to deal with your problems. its always the very first thing that you put in your suitcase..unresolved issues. theyll always crop up again..same people just different faces and names. YOURSELF..... you take that with you wherever you go.

- Response by u2joshuadesireu, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

Nope I like it just fine the way it is.

- Response by bobboy, A Jock, Male, 66 or older, Retired