Betty Boop - Trivia -
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 7:59 PM - Wednesday October 20, 2010

Betty Boop - Trivia -

Cartoon cutie Betty Boop was developed by Max Fleischer and drawn by animator Grim Natwick for Paramount Studio's Talkartoons cartoon series. She was originally created as a human-like canine character, the love interest for a dog named Bimbo.

***

Betty made her debut on August 9, 1930 in Dizzy Dishes, the sixth installment in the Talkartoon series. She quickly became a fan favorite, and starred in over 100 cartoons from 1931 to 1939.

***

Max Fleischer finalized Betty Boop as completely human by 1932 in the cartoon Any Rags. Her floppy poodle ears became hoop earrings, and her black poodle nose became a girl's button-like nose.

***

Famous vocal artist Mae Questel was the voice of Betty from 1931 until her death in 1998. Questel also provided the voice of Olive Oyl in the Popeye cartoon series.

***

Betty Boop is known as the first and one of the most famous sex symbols on the animated screen. She shows off her curves and cleavage with short, shapely dresses, high heels, and a garter belt.

***

The censorship guidelines set by the Motion Picture
Production Code in 1934 greatly affected the carefree flapper style that had made Betty famous. She transformed into a career girl with a fuller dress who no longer winked at strangers or shook her hips.

- Asked by oldman52, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Sydney, Retired

Very interesting. I have a sister-in-law who is a BB collector. I wonder if she is up on the trivia. ;o)

- Response by seajaih, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

This is very iteresting. I like it very much. Thanks.

- Response by mrsjack, A Thinker, Female, 66 or older

I remember Betty.Those were fun times watching those cartoons.