Do I call it quits because he doesn't ask how I am doing or say hi at least?
Dating / 10:39 PM - Sunday October 17, 2010

I am having a bit of a dilemma. I am in a long distance relationship and do see my boyfriend in person from time to time. I just saw him at the end of September and going into October. I was back home October 12th.

So when we are together and closer to each other we do communicate well and talk good and I ask how he is doing. He used to ask how I am, but lately know that I think about it, he hasn't. I guess this goes back to all that talk and when people say when you know each other long enough in a relationship you don't think you have to ask that.
But then one morning or it was closer to the afternoon and after we got up, I asked how he was, and he just said coldly, "I don't know yet. I just got up" or something like that. So I didn't really bother him for the rest of the day and pretty much hid in his room because I ended up not feeling well that day anyway and he had company over also, which I didn't care to associate with either (I was in his room all day because he is staying with his grandma and when I visit him I stay there and sleep in his bed in his room).

So that is something that was kind of on my mind off and on. But should I really worry about that or was his just maybe having a pissy morning? Cause he was actually never like that before. So I don't know what to do about that.

And anywho...I also wanted to know if you or your s.o. is busy (like mine has been recently because he goes to school full time at a community college) that they don't even text you or call you just to say hi? Or do they at least think about you and say hi or ask how you are during their busy schedule? I would think even if you are busy if yo uare in a relationship you should be nice and do that anyways, right? I mean it kind of goes hand in hand with the relationship. If you don't care how your partner is, why are you in one then??

And I get when you text everyday or say hi or whatever everyday is uneccesary. But I am just even talking about an occassional hello or how are you, you know?

I am asking because I didn't get a text all week from my boyfriend since I left on the 12th and I just casually say hello and text him "how are you"? and he is like "i was too busy to text this week sorry". I said that that was okay and just wanted to know how he was doing that was all. Then he says something like, "well you were just here last week and you act like you haven't talked to me in like a month..."

So I am just confused as to what is normally busy or what is too busy to just check in with your s.o just to see how they are? Isn't that a sign that supposedly they care? I do it for him I don't know why he doesn't do it anymore for me...

I was actually good and didn't bother him all week because I know he is busy and I was actually busy because I go to school myself and have two finals this week. He just seemed a bit pissy about it, but who knows maybe that is just how the texts work out. Sometimes I don't like to text because it makes what the person says seem like they have no feeling and or mad or something.

That is all. I hope this post isn't too long for you. Thanks for the advice and maybe I won't talk to him until his classes are done for break if he wants it that way if he thinks I bug him too much. He maybe is obviously too busy for me to just say hi back and ask how I am or to even have me in his top priorities in his life maybe.

- Asked by ellekassia26, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Home Maker

Only you can decide, but....

His decision to be in a RELATIONSHIP with you was his decision to make you one of the many PRIORITIES in his life. Nobody's "too busy" to say hello, especially in today's technology age.

Is somebody that treats you like you don't exist you're idea of an ideal mate? Are the crumbs he's throwing you enough to keep you satisfied? Answer that question honestly for yourself, and then make your decision from there.

- Response by sxybtch25, A Sportif, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?