Why wont my ex girlfriend just tell me she wants to get back together?
Dating / 2:38 PM - Saturday October 16, 2010

We dated for over a year and she broke up with me and now 3 months later we are hanging out a little bit and she gives me signs that she is interested in me so why won't she just tell me she is interested?

- Asked by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 26-28, New Orleans, Who Cares?

That's giving you too much power over her since she's the one who broke up with you in the first place.

- Response by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 66 or older, Peshawar, Other Profession

Signs?

Just ask her, already. Why are you looking for signs?

Never try to apply logic to an illogical situation.

Because she's waiting for you to make the first move.

Bro do yourself a favor and just relax. You might perceive that she wants you back but are you 110% sure? No I don't want a laundry list of little hints that prove she does, did she say it? No? Then assume she doesn't. If she does really want you back, the longer you pretend you don't want her the more she will want you. If this leads to her truly wanting you she will not be able to contain herself and she will direct about it.

- Response by 7zebras, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, New York, Financial / Banking

Pride, ego. She doesn't want to go for it and be turned down.

- Response by 1junebug, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

Have you asked?

scared of rejection, doesn't want to admit she was wrong, wants for you to pursue her... take your pick...

- Response by melmac, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

Having been through the same situation myself (only from the girls side) I can tell you she wants you to make the moves. Especially if she is still a bit hurt about the breakup mainly because of something you did. She expects you to ask her more questions about herself first. Ask her how she's been feeling lately. Girls like to talk about feelings and the deepest feelings might be a bit harder to get out of her so make sure she is alone when you ask her and let her talk. Then when she's done she will feel a lot closer to you she might even cry a bit. That is the perfect time to take her into your arms, tell her you love her. Kiss her and then, ask her to be your girlfriend. Just say it exactly the same way you said it the first time you asked her. This will make her feel more set on saying yes to make it go just like the happy memory of the first one.

Remember that you cant expect her to tell you she wants you back. Women like it when guys make the first move. You just have to hope its the move she wanted you to make . . Hope this helps :)

- Response by awesomestkate, A Life of the Party, Female, 22-25, Pretoria, Artist / Musician / Writer