I'm an older man in my 40's and a 24 year old woman at work and I have talked before and I
Dating / 10:57 AM - Friday October 15, 2010

didn't want to come off as creepy by asking her out so I waited and she finally asked me out to lunch via im. She also, before that indirectly stated that I had a g/f and I said no. She said, no way, you're such a great catch. She also, likes the way I look in my clothes because I usually have to dress up at work since I'm a manager. I got her door for her when we went to lunch and when I came around she had unlocked my door. Does this means she's attracted to me and wants to pursue a relationship? Thanks - and please no smart ass remarks.

Just man up and ask her out. If she says no then fire her ass! Just kidding.

Seriously though, just ask her out. If she says no, then you know. If she says yes, then you know. All you're going to get on here is speculation. Some will say yes, some will say maybe, some will say no. Others will whine and bitch about how inappropriate it is to be dating someone from work.

Screw 'em all. Ask her out. I'm betting she says yes.

- Response by stewart2016, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Salt Lake City, Student

Yes, it sounds like she's attracted to you.

But be careful. You said you're a manager... are you HER manager? Or are you her superior at work in any fashion? If so, you're treading on really thin ice by dating her. Not only is it a bad idea to date someone with whom you work, but if you're her superior, it's a really, really bad idea. Your job could be at risk.

With that said, it does sound like she's interested in dating you. A twenty-something year age difference is pretty significant, though. You and she are in very different places in your lives and this does not generally bode well for the future in terms of relationship potential.

LOL isn't that like some rule, that if the woman reaches over to unlock your door, she is really into you! Seems like it may be the start of something. Don't get too attached too quickly though as she is just starting her life and you have LIVED most of yours.

- Response by momof4, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Administrative

Maybe. Ask her out to do some activity outside of the work scene. More like dinner or to go out somewhere. See how she acts and go from there. I'd advice you to keep things outside of work before the other co- workers start gossiping and just to be professional. Good luck !

- Response by lokipr, A Player, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

btw way...you deserve to find someone more mature...trust me...a 24 year old is not what you want in a relationship..they are very immature and barely getting to know life...you want someone who's been there and done that and that someone may be about your age...and alot more wiser and hotter in bed/lol..ijs

- Response by dolphace, A Hippie Chick, Female, 36-45

i think it is hot so go for it

- Response by windyday, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

Probably. But it's work dude. It's always a mistake to date at work. You should know this by now.

"Never fish off the company dock" Good advice for men at work.

My advise is when in the Kitchen do not put Chocolate Sauce all over your pan fried steak, unless you're prepared to add some extra hot chilli peppers too!!

- Response by hands, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Hong Kong, Who Cares?

she likes you!! go for it. lol

She's just looking for a raise........

ifn she did not like you..she would not have said nothing.
go for it and see if the flowers blossom.

Surprised a man your age asks this question.
Go for it, she sounds nice., Doug. Oh,,and
I want an invitation D

Absolutely. The ball's in your court now. Are you going to let this live one get away? Don't worry about the age difference; obviously it is not an issue for her.

Your tooo old to be this STUPID....Give her the business already ya Sissy

Be careful. Seriously. I dated my boss from work...it's fun and exciting in the beginning and we didn't think it'd be anything wrong nor anyone else's business. But honestly, dating from work isn't worth it. He makes 300k a year and nearly lost his job.. and it wasn't in a light way.
People at work will find out...among other things. I learned never to date from work!

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, Who Cares?

Yes, but be careful. She is for sure attracted to you but may be she doesn't want to do anything with you. I used to get attention from older people (15+ older) but I didn't/ cannot imagine that I kiss them - to say the least.
I was respectful to those older people- managers/ professors/ etc I never used them financially, never went beyond a friendly hug but I enjoyed being around them and learning from their life experiences. I am still a friend of most of them and now they set in front of me as they set in front a shrink- discussing all their problems and affairs.

I see the appeal. I notice as I'm getting older that young 20+ girls are the best looking age wise. I always thought dating within a similar age was the way it went but older girls for me are getting less attractive.

But anyways, back to the question, I would casually just ask her to some common interest like a drink at the bar. Don't say its a date, just that you like her company and wanted to talk outside of work. Once the alcohol is flowing the answers you're looking for will just come to you. Literally! lol

- Response by A Creative, Male, 29-35, Vancouver, Technical

Sure it seems she likes you. It's not weird, there are lots of women who like older guys. When I was 21 I dated a man who was 42 for a while and we have great chemistry!

- Response by sweetmama247, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Buffalo, Home Maker