When is a woman "past her prime"?
Dating / 3:48 PM - Friday October 08, 2010

When is a woman "past her prime"?

..well?

Update: October 09, 2010.
Thanks to all those who responded. Most seem to think that a woman's prime has a lot to do with her attitude and appearance than with age. I also found one responder's response interesting, which stated that the dating market were like two curves with women's value depreciating over time and men's increasing over time, and it seems to suggest that women are past their prime after 32, and will find it difficult to find dates, and even harder to fal lin love. Has this been your experience?

What idiot told you a woman is past her prime after 32??? I'm 36 and not only do I have a boyfriend, I got three others that keep calling and calling and callign to find out if I'm still with him. I go out on weekends and guys hit on me and ask for my number. and these are guys anywhere from 25-60. I'm not saying this to boast I'm saying to prove a point. if you have a positive energy, take care of yourself and like yourself, you will have men hit on you at any age. it's completely ridiculoous this mentality that women are ever passed their prime. men will hit on women until the day they die.

- Response by ebm3, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

When she gives up.
I've know women who are 25 and past thier prime. I've known women who are 60 who are in their prime (I'd hit on Helen Mirren if given the chance).
I don't think it's so much an age thing as an attitude thing.

- Response by falsehammer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Kansas City, Consulting

When the WOMAN begins to believe she is! Any woman who would allow anyone else to dictate when SHE'S past HER OWN PRIME is a fool. This is a world where getting older is a nightmare for most. Relationships aren't about substance. It's about sex and getting as much as you can from someone without commitment. So, sincerity and falling truly in love is hard for anyone at this point. You're either going to compromise to have now, or not settle while waiting. It is a gamble, but not because of age. But, because most are not requiring much of anyone they meet other than how they look or how much money they have. Many are just conforming to whatever these people want for fear of being alone, and are quite miserable in their relationships. Especially, after finding out that it wasn't about them being in their prime, but about them being used.

And, while they have seemingly have more chances at relationships. Those they do have never really seem to last. They end up simply being in multiple relationships. They are not really getting anymore than the older women. The older women aren't being "used" as much. Because, they actually value themselves more. Anyone can date and have great sex. But, what about the real worth, respect, and commitment that lasts until death? I'm 44 years old. I don't expect to be young forever. I look great. I have not had one problem dating, having a sex life, having companionship, having friends, receiving love, or having an active social life.

I have a good life. I don't need anyone to give me a good life. I have all of the positives that someone in a relationship or marriage has, without having to deal with any of the BS or negatives that many in relationships have. I'm not lonely and unhappy. Because, I have not allowed being married, giving birth, or being in a relationship all of the time, define whether I have worth or (I'm still prime). I don't need someone else or society to tell me this about myself. Only YOU know if you're in your prime. To hell with those who think not! There are men in my age range that are still in denial and afraid of getting older. They live with the mentality of a frat boy with regards to relationships.

They think and act like them; immature, selfish, self-centered, egotistical, superficial, and oversexed without any care for giving or a real love commitment. Some of these younger women are giving everything of themselves to these fools, and then being devastated when they get dumped while the guy is on to the next one. So, people really need to start finding their value for themselves whatever age they are. This shouldn't be dependent upon whether anyone else sees them as such. Because, younger women are looking for men to give them that life they want. So, it's more about prestige and materialism. It's not about how great they look or how much they truly value them. That's why the minute these men get with those young women, they take them through the wringer of being in nagging, never satisfied, hell.

Then, the men get used and dumped and are bitter against all women. When maybe they should have been looking for something other than a little girl mind with a woman's body. I've been there with compromising and settling for less than I was worth. And, I'll never do this again. If it means, I'll never marry, fine. But, don't confuse never marrying or being in a relationship with being alone. Or, with being a woman that let herself go, is dried up, and lonely. Because, that couldn't be further from the truth with most older women. I mean, look at the consensus here, "past their prime after 32" that's ridiculous! I don't fall in love easily, never have. And, I wouldn't want someone falling in love with me easily either.

What most are experiencing today isn't even real love. I don't care how in demand they might seem being young. For myself, you simply have to be a man I'm compatible with and that is willing to give, as much as I am, to the success of each other and our relationship, PERIOD! It has nothing to do with prime ages. If there are not many men left that values this type of thing; why does that have to be my problem? Why does it have to be something about me, or about my being past my prime? You're either someone I'm interested in being in a relationship with or you're not. It doesn't make the man a shriveled up, old, unlovable coot. He simply would not be the man "I" want. It's a personal thing. And, so should it be with how you view your own worth and value. I don't care if you're male or female, older or younger. IJS

After 19

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

She adjusts.

mid 30's is the start - for men too

No set age but I am astounded what happens to some between the age of 35 and 40. Even movie stars. Must be the smokers and drinkers, but something happens in that age interval.

- Response by tenspro35, A Career Man, Male, 46-55

I'm 51....I'm luscious and now wise enough and experienced enough to know how to use all that lusciousness with mastery....and I got at least 30-40 more years to prove it.
Prime...can be related to many different numbers! ;)

- Response by joybird, A Player, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

I'll let you know when I find out.

- Response by lomer, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Halifax, Science / Engineering

i think its 40 for most woman

- Response by guy5432, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, New York, Who Cares?

When she is dead.

- Response by bfly36, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

NEVER if she takes care of herself!!!!!!

When she doesn't give a hoot about herself and let's herself go in attitude and physical appearance. Age is an attitude not a number

I say NEVER but if you insist on an answer ... A woman is past her prime about five minutes after you are past your prime. Dig it? ..... I knew that you could. Peace and Light -Gulliver

- Response by stick4013, A Creative, Male, 66 or older, Artist / Musician / Writer

Evolution. Men gain value because there worth is based on experience they can provide which increases with time. Woman's value decreases because her value is in reproductive capability which decreases with time.

I've heard woman in there 30's complain over and over about the lack of men around. Think about it though, quality men are going to date younger. The rest are already taken or of lower quality. Woman in there 30's can find dates they just won't be of high caliber since the older men are getting choosier just like the young woman are so choosy. Its a downward slope on this highway to heaven. Make sure you know what you're looking for as soon as you can. Sometimes a great love will just pass you by.

- Response by A Creative, Male, 29-35, Vancouver, Technical

I have to agree with the attitude thing. I feel sexier in my 30's, than when I was in my 20's. It just matters how Women feels about themselves.

- Response by elizabethmom05, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Tampa, Retail

When she feels she is. Problem is in our society like looks, money etc. we all put too much into one's age. We all judge others by age e.g. too old, too young but we ourselves do not want to be judged the same. Reading some of the posts this feeling is true. We all want the world but want to give little in return.

- Response by A Couch Potato, Male, 36-45, Los Angeles