When is a woman "past her prime"?
Dating / 3:48 PM - Friday October 08, 2010

When is a woman "past her prime"?

Update: October 09, 2010.
Thanks to all those who responded. Most seem to think that a woman's prime has a lot to do with her attitude and appearance than with age. I also found one responder's response interesting, which stated that the dating market were like two curves with women's value depreciating over time and men's increasing over time, and it seems to suggest that women are past their prime after 32, and will find it difficult to find dates, and even harder to fal lin love. Has this been your experience?

What idiot told you a woman is past her prime after 32??? I'm 36 and not only do I have a boyfriend, I got three others that keep calling and calling and callign to find out if I'm still with him. I go out on weekends and guys hit on me and ask for my number. and these are guys anywhere from 25-60. I'm not saying this to boast I'm saying to prove a point. if you have a positive energy, take care of yourself and like yourself, you will have men hit on you at any age. it's completely ridiculoous this mentality that women are ever passed their prime. men will hit on women until the day they die.

- Response by ebm3, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

When she gives up.
I've know women who are 25 and past thier prime. I've known women who are 60 who are in their prime (I'd hit on Helen Mirren if given the chance).
I don't think it's so much an age thing as an attitude thing.

- Response by falsehammer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Kansas City, Consulting

After 19

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

She adjusts.

mid 30's is the start - for men too

No set age but I am astounded what happens to some between the age of 35 and 40. Even movie stars. Must be the smokers and drinkers, but something happens in that age interval.

- Response by tenspro35, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55

I'm 51....I'm luscious and now wise enough and experienced enough to know how to use all that lusciousness with mastery....and I got at least 30-40 more years to prove it.
Prime...can be related to many different numbers! ;)

- Response by joybird, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Therapist

I'll let you know when I find out.

- Response by lomer, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Halifax, Science / Engineering

i think its 40 for most woman

- Response by guy5432, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, New York, Who Cares?

When she is dead.

- Response by bfly36, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

NEVER if she takes care of herself!!!!!!

When she doesn't give a hoot about herself and let's herself go in attitude and physical appearance. Age is an attitude not a number

I say NEVER but if you insist on an answer ... A woman is past her prime about five minutes after you are past your prime. Dig it? ..... I knew that you could. Peace and Light -Gulliver

- Response by stick4013, A Creative, Male, 66 or older, Artist / Musician / Writer

Evolution. Men gain value because there worth is based on experience they can provide which increases with time. Woman's value decreases because her value is in reproductive capability which decreases with time.

I've heard woman in there 30's complain over and over about the lack of men around. Think about it though, quality men are going to date younger. The rest are already taken or of lower quality. Woman in there 30's can find dates they just won't be of high caliber since the older men are getting choosier just like the young woman are so choosy. Its a downward slope on this highway to heaven. Make sure you know what you're looking for as soon as you can. Sometimes a great love will just pass you by.

- Response by A Creative, Male, 29-35, Vancouver, Technical

I have to agree with the attitude thing. I feel sexier in my 30's, than when I was in my 20's. It just matters how Women feels about themselves.

- Response by elizabethmom05, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Tampa, Retail

When she feels she is. Problem is in our society like looks, money etc. we all put too much into one's age. We all judge others by age e.g. too old, too young but we ourselves do not want to be judged the same. Reading some of the posts this feeling is true. We all want the world but want to give little in return.

- Response by A Couch Potato, Male, 36-45, Los Angeles