I work with someone who criticizes me CONSTANTLY.
Career / 1:33 PM - Monday October 04, 2010

I have to work closely with this woman who criticizes every tiny thing I do. She never misses an opportunity to point out any small error on my part to our boss. For instance I made an error last month which was no big deal and I corrected immediately - yet she's mentioned it in three separate emails to our boss since then. She finds ways to bring it up and then copy me on it like some crazy malicious person.

She is a crabby person in general, but I am her special target for her critiques. I get along well with everyone else at work. My reviews from my boss are always good - of course there are areas where I could improve, but that's true of every human being is it not?

Is there a way to fend off these criticisms - some magic phrase I could use? I just want this woman to back off so I don't feel scrutinized every damn day.

Make friends with this critical woman, then buy her a coffee,
sit down for breaks together, to learn what makes HER TICK...

Once you gain her trust... slowly start poisoning her coffee.

- Response by mikegeeboyd, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, Artist / Musician / Writer

When told something I say I will remember that.Then maybe soon I will be near perfect as you are.

She's jealous of you and that's why she's doing it. Or she hates you and wants you to get fired. Pray to God. He is your only hope in this case.

- Response by A Cool Mom, Female, 26-28, Miami, Self-Employed

The next time she sends your boss an email with a cc to you, email her and say oh thank you for always correcting all of my errors. When I grow up I want to be just like you: be able to complete my work without errors and still have time to correct others. CC your boss on it.

- Response by momof4, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Administrative

Tell your boss you think you're being harassed at work because of her and then highlight those concerns. Also point out that you feel like you're in a hostile work environment. This woman is not a team player at all and just sounds like she's been watching too many soap operas. Team players have each others' backs and don't try to create drama in the work place -it looks "good" on TV, but doesn't work well in real life.

- Response by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

You know, there are going to be people like this in the world and no matter what you do they are not going to change. If I were you I would talk to your boss and just explain your problem to him. I'm sure he is already aware of this anyway. But just in case not, bring it to his attention so that when she complains so much about you , he will get sick of hearing it and do something about her.

- Response by sab143s, Female, 56-65

Sounds like my boss. Being that I am the only employee, I always get the brunt of it. He is very quick to point out the smallest and most redundant of mistakes. In fact, he will purposely look for something to complain about. If I have done nothing wrong, he will complain that I didn't do it the way HE would have. His sole reason for getting out of be in the morning is to tell people how much better he is then they are.

He is never wrong, even when in reality he actually is. he will blab on for 45 minutes trying to defend his mistake, or error and twist it around in some way to prove he was in fact correct.

I HATE going in to work every day, and to what I have to just to make it to the weekend.

- Response by A Creative, Male, 29-35

It is managements job to hire decent people and to maintain a livable office environment. Obviously management is aware of how she acts because she is sending emails to them and you. And obviously they don't have a problem with it because they aren't doing anything about it. If you have a problem then it's time to search for other jobs in other places.

I deal with bitches all the time. I would do to her exactly what she is doing to me. I would constantly bring up her shortcomings and mention them to her often..bring up even the most minute of situations..normally acting this way is stupid, but this type of person only understands this kind of behavior. She'll stop..they usually can never accept what they dish out.

- Response by michellekia, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, St.Louis, Other Profession

she's just a jealous bitch..as long as you do your job the right way you have nothing to worry about.

- Response by le_gem735713, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Miami, Who Cares?