Do deleted phone calls and texts mean he has something to hide?
Married Life / 8:55 PM - Saturday October 02, 2010

So...why would my husband be deleting texts and phone calls to a female member in his band off of his phone? I wouldnt even suspect anything if he wasnt deleting this information. (I can view the usage online, which he must have forgotten about) The way I see it is he MUST have something to hide. Thoughts?

- Asked by A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Pittsburgh, Who Cares?

How about stop snooping?

Why are you being so untrustworthy?

If you dig for trouble you'll find it for sure.

My first thought is...why are you checking his phone usage against his phone/text logs. If you never would have thought anything of it, why would you even bother to look? Maybe he is deleting them because he is afraid you are going to look at them and make more out of it than there is.

It is suspicious behavior, but I'm curious as to what led you to look in the first place.

- Response by jess2481, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Cincinnati, Other Profession

Why look for trouble where none exists? I clear my phone messages everyday, all day. And so do most of the people I know...

Now snooping through my phone records? That would really make me uncomfortable...

- Response by siouxzen, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Guadalajara, Self-Employed

Why don't you just ask him?

Absolutely he has something to hide!! My husband has done this to me in the past, and it ends up being an affair....

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 29-35, San Antonio

You have every right to check his deleted messages online.Thats your husband.You may be able to catch him before an affair starts.

- Response by clorise7, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Fashion

He definitely had something to hide! If there wasn't then he wouldn't delete calls/texts from this one girl.

- Response by janetian, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28

Is he deleting texts and calls from this *one person, or from people in general? If it's people in general, he's only clearing out his inbox. If it just the one person, he's either in an affair or is being stalked.

- Response by cjennmom, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

Of coarse he is hiding something. My husband always erases the texts from a person (other women) that he wants to hide from me. He doesn't know that I can see them on our bills. Sometimes when people are trying to be so tricky they actually do things that show their guilt. It's like when they avoid someone when you are there, thinking it won't be obvious but to do it they change their normal way of behaving, which then makes it obvious that the other person is someone of some significance.

- Response by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 56-65

Anything worth hiding is worth looking into... I had an affair and I speak out of experience. No one would delete a message that says nothing of importance. Or the message might seem of importance to him.
Either way, he may not even cheat on you, but if he feels the need to hide this, it's surely not clean

- Response by she00, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Teaching