Do You think it's true that older men/middle age men have no problem finding a woman
Dating / 12:01 PM - Saturday October 02, 2010

do You think it's true that older men/middle age men have no problem finding a woman

but for an older woman, it's the complete opposite. She can't find a man who wants her. In other words, older men are "distinguished" and older women are "over the hill"

what the hell are we supposed to do when we get older and still single?

(lol) I'll still be happy... so there. I don't care.

- Asked by girlpower08, A Sportif, Female, 36-45

Older men like to be around younger women,
because these women make them feel younger.
Age has nothing to do with anything, it's
your self confidence, and your attitude, not
only towards yourself, but life itself.
If older women go around feeling blue, down and
out, that's what they're going to project to everyone.
Life should be enjoyed, when your happy and content
with yourself, others like that and will enjoy being
around you. People men & women, should enjoy "their"
own company, not always depend on others to make them
happy. You have to be have with yourself, before you
could make anyone else happy! This goes for Men or Women!!

- Response by helpful5714, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

The ones that have it together..the maturity along with the rest of their life style that goes with it has caught up with them..Woman of the same age depends on their out look on life..most who are having trouble are looking because of a few reasons..1. They are Looking for husband number three to support them. 2. They acted old at 20 and are still acting the same..People regardless of age or gender want someone who can bring something to the relationship..I do not believe you will have this problem..anyone with "girlpower" to her screen name..knows how to live life. Smile!

- Response by cjs1991, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Teaching

No I don't think that's true (sterotypical maybe), nor is it gender specific.
If you are comfortable in your own skin and have a positive outlook on life in general...you will be attractive to other people.

- Response by aquamarine, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

The key phrase in your quistion is that older men don't want her. She's probalby a 2 time loser who dumped her past 2 husbands and lived on "child support" (slavery) of men. Or, she's a lifer feminist who believes all the misandry. Now we older men have finally gotten our own life and, frankly, we just don't want her.

Sorry, hon, that's just the way it is.

So, Let's take ALL THIS... and, roll it into ONE LESSON!

"I SUCK", I just do... go ask anybody at all, except ME.

I have no problem finding women, Finding women isn't hard
that's WHEN the problem starts, once you DO FIND A WOMAN!

It really don't matter what age anybody is, or gets to be.

It seems to me that older women have to continuously put it out there that they are looking, or everyone assumes they are not. Whereas, older men are a challenge, married or not, to many women.

Excuse me, but you get to become a "cougar" !!!!

- Response by lomer, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Halifax, Science / Engineering

Heck, I'll take you now, don't want you to grow old alone! Send phone number and what you like to do on week-ends, I'll start the wedding arrangements?

- Response by loseing, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

I am 53 and I am not experiencing that as a problem.
I am single by choice but if I choose to change that status it would not be a problem.
One is younger and one is older.

i think regardless if the person is an older woman or man if they don't have the right personality it going to be hard to find that special someone.

that been said girlpower i don't see you having that problem you are far from being old.

- Response by tleeb, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Dallas, Other Profession

Perhaps not as difficult as one would think. The same should hold true, for those of the opposite sex....whether happy or sad, without so much as a care or concerned...

I would assume, one who waits for the right person to come along, is one who is wise in their choices....

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

Well I'm 22 so I can't speak from personal experience, but my mom was widowed at 44 and didn't start dating until she was around 51 or 52. She hasn't had trouble at all finding nice men to go out on dates with. She uses dating sites (match, plenty of fish) and I joke around that she's a player because she's always going out with someone new. I don't think that all older men want to be with women that look their daughter's age. Sure they might think it would be fun, but maybe they want someone closer to their own age that they can relate to (and not get asked if their date wants a kid's menu when they are seated together at a restaurant.)

- Response by autumn248, A Married Girl, Female, 26-28

I don't think that's true. Take AO, for example: the 50+ are much more bitter and angry and more often single as a group than the 50+ women.

So, if AO is representative of the larger society in any way, those middle aged men have not aged well, or haven't been able to adjust to a more enlightened society than the one they dated in, in their younger days--so they haven't been able to get dates with younger women who assume they're people and expect men to treat them like people, or from the older women who want enlightened men too.

But the 50+ women on AO, with a few loud exceptions (and these are the sort of losers that WOULD date the bitter old men), really rock--they're beautiful, charming and know how to get dates.

no, not true at all in my book! the person i am in love with is way older, so in that case he makes me feel way younger!

works out perfectly for me:)

- Response by jamiesangel777, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Miami

There is nothing over-the-hill about a woman that is attractive, sexy, takes care of her fine body, classy, established, positive, outgoing, etc. I'll step to her pronto!

- Response by syncaset, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

There are no absolutes where humans are involved. I see lots of attractive older women here in Boston. They seem to have plenty of male attention. It's all about how they act.

I think older men are way less desperate than younger ones. We have sewn our oats and are happy by ourselves and with our male friends. So we are patient and can wait for an outstanding woman to pique our interest.

But then there are plenty of lonely guys who dream of having ANY woman. So there is no real rule.

Probably if you had companionship as a young person you still will as you age. If you never did you probably won't as you age.

I personally find older men creepy. I think only successful, attractive older man have no problem finding women. Same goes for women, too!

- Response by mdb8825, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Boston, Student

Older men are really good at seducing younger women, and younger women don't know any better and are taken by their words and flattery. So it is easy for older men to hook up with younger woman. But also they play out their charm on middle-aged and older woman, especially needy woman. Needy women are an easy catch for older men. On the other hand, I have found some older men are needy themselves and want to "be taken care of" or want a "mom." So women need to scrutinze and take time to get to know a person. It is difficult for older women to find that true love, for the latter reason. Some older men are needy (need a caretaker for their illness, need a mom, or financially handicap). I am not sure about older women with younger men if they can find them, I would question the maturity level. If the maturity level is intact then I think that is awesome. Bottom line to all women, men will manipulate...postpone sex or practice abstinece to know if they are truly into "you" the person. Meanwhile being a single woman these days is so liberating and fun!!! You can do what you want, spend money on clothes, eat what you want, go out when you want. You don't have to have sex 24/7 and instead can eat cake and watch a sappy movie! ha ha. Don't wait for a man to fulfill your life--live now! Life is short. Blessings! :)

- Response by blossoming1, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Seattle, Civil Service

I've never had a problem attracting men, younger or older than myself. The trouble is, I usually don't fancy anyone.

He has to be super intelligent, funny, confident, brilliant at something, respect me, care about things deeply AND be young and good looking with great body to boot! I really am that shallow! But I can't help it. If I don't fancy a guy I won't force myself.

I have had to sacrifice the 'nice and caring' part in favour of knock out fit body and handsome face and I do not regret it. I like what I like and I like it.

- Response by rubyrednotdead, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I was told by an older woman(50) who was with a younger man(40) that the game changes when you get older for both men and women. She said that being in good health, physically at a healthy weight, have a good job or source of income and not too much baggage are what both men and women need once over 45.I'm 33 and when I was in my early 20's I didn't get hit on as much as I do now because I was never the "hot" girl. Now, 15 years after highschool I'm still slim with nice skin and I think that has a lot to do with me attracting more guys now. So, I agree with her, the game does change when you get older.

- Response by michellekia, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, St.Louis, Other Profession

Most women I know in the older age group would agree with you. BUT men in the older age group also have a difficult time finding a good women to date. The reason I see is just being able to connect in one form or another.

There seems to be very few outlets that women feel comfortable trying to meet good men. Bar scene is out. Most of their girlfriends are also single so they are competition for the men. Women do not want o "look " on their own for fear of being somehow viewed in a negative way.

Men since they are the ones usually doing the asking may have a small advantage since they can "attack" But all in all it is harder on both as they age.

- Response by yme4, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

I don't think it's harder if an older women is open to exploring all options placed before her..younger men. I also think it's an attitude if the woman feels old she presents old..if she doesn't think that way then things happen.

I would say that that's pretty accurate. In one respect I would say that women are pigeonholed into the situation by society because they are primarily valued for their youth and beauty BUT most women that have beauty in their youth don't really do much to attempt to pull away from that social construct.

- Response by butch007, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Philadelphia, Artist / Musician / Writer

Yes, completely true. I see it everyday. Single women who says " I am single by choice," "well !! I am not sure you are." And men men who have 2-5 men trying to get them.

i dont buy it. i think age does not affect it nor does s4x, its the mind. unfortunatly, women during the later years go thru a lot of chemistry issues that can scare men for a while but all in all, if someone keeps care of themselves and are hot, they attract the opposite sex regardless of age. the majority of the US is over 45 and the majority of workforce is over 50 so there is a lot of men/women (50% looking for the opposite sex *based on the divorce rate.

- Response by mtusa007, A Rebel, Male, 56-65, Self-Employed

Gender ratio has to be a factor in availability. At birth there are approximately 105 men to 100 women. This figure should hold true throughout most of life in advanced countries since the death rate is only slightly higher for men under age 50. Men die earlier so if you are over 70 that is going to be a factor. The only other factors that might affect the gender ratio would be immigration and migration.

Gender ratio has to be a factor in availability. At birth there are approximately 105 men to 100 women. This figure should hold true throughout most of life in advanced countries since the death rate is only slightly higher for men under age 50. Men die earlier so if you are over 70 that is going to be a factor. The only other factors that might affect the gender ratio would be immigration and migration. In Canada we have more women than there should be in many age groups because of female immigration levels and men immigrating then moving on to the USA or going back to their countries of origin. Women are more likely to stay in the country.