Best compliment ever
Style & Beauty / 1:37 PM - Monday September 27, 2010

Best compliment ever

Whats the best compliment you've ever received? Did you believe it?

Update: September 28, 2010.
The best compliment I can remember was something a guy I'd been "seeing" said.. he would always compliment me a lot.. then the first time he seen me naked.. he said "wow your really hot with clothes on.. but my god.. your fucking beautiful naked" best one ever!!

- Asked by experienced123, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Administrative

That's easy ... when my son told me he always felt good about trying new things when he was growing up because he knew I always "had his back"!

I loved hearing that because I wanted him to always feel supported and loved!!

I get a lot of compliments on my VOICE, which is kind of hard to appreciate,you know, cuz its just a voice.

- Response by quikslvr, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Washington, DC, Lawyer

She said I was the best. No.

- Response by shanegalang, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Transportation

You're the best in bed I've ever had. I was VERY flatered but I did believe it.

An elderly lady at work said to her friend, "She is such a pretty girl" as I was walking away after chatting with them -I wasn't supposed to hear it, but I did. Those are the best & probably the most honest compliments IMO.

- Response by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Dusseldorf, Other Profession

Damn your big!!!!!!! no I did not believe it

- Response by bobboy, A Jock, Male, 66 or older, Retired

The punk band I was in released a CD, which ended up getting reviewed in the local City Paper.
The drum playing was mentioned as one of the strong points in several tracks.
I did beleive it, the guy that wrote the review really didn't like the guitar player or the guy that engineered the recordings and we were not expecting any favorable mentions at all.

- Response by proteus, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Pittsburgh, Who Cares?

You are beautiful inside and out

that I have a beautiful smile..at the start I didn't believe it but the more often people tell me, the more I'm believing it :)

I'd left the service and was working with another ex-serviceman.
He told me I was the weirdest officer he'd ever met.
I believed him because I was pretty sure that my rankers would have said the same but feared I'd put them on a charge.

- Response by 1jealousguy, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, London, Artist / Musician / Writer

Thank god your leaving

- Response by strongbow, A Jock, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

From a University of Washington Professor: "I value your opinions because they're usually fair and balanced. You keep me from making an ass of myself sometimes."

- Response by bookman, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

"You look like Jacob from Twilight"

I absolutely do not beleive it but I have heard it a few times now...

- Response by thatguyoverhere, A Guy Critical, Male, 22-25, Military

I once got a letter in High School. It was from one of the Dad's from a Rival School. His son was one of my main rivals that season. Little did I know if but he had been observing throughout the season, and he wrote a very complimentary letter about my character. I was completely gob smacked by it.

- Response by hands, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Hong Kong, Who Cares?

ya.............my mother and sister told me i having very good patient mind............believe it,u also feel this some time

- Response by ajcoolz, A Guy Critical, Male, 26-28, Bangalore

I was told recently ...that I smell really good...
I blushed***

a guy told me that he had dated girls almost half my age that were not in as good of shape as i was..... big smile.....

- Response by coco, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Charlotte, Technical

I was told that I'm a good writer, but I don't believe it yet because I haven't had anything published.

- Response by daugenstine, A Creative, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

I was out with two girlfriends and some new guys I met one night. We were all getting along really well, and one guy and I started to harass one another and argue jokingly. Mid way through something I was making fun of him for, he stopped and said I had a very pretty smile and I needed to smile more often. It made me stop and become a little embarrassed but it was a great compliment.

- Response by kierst2please, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Student

the last best compliment i got was that i'm beautiful like a pinup doll..

- Response by le_gem735713, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Miami, Who Cares?

"You've got it going on!"... that's the most recent that made my day... also that I am the best boss they ever had...

- Response by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Managerial

"No one loves me like you do and no one ever will."

- Response by debski, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Detroit, Science / Engineering

the best sex they've ever had...
and yes i believed it... still do... :)

- Response by thefemalemind, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Los Angeles

My senior year of high school, I was sick during the voting for MVP of the track team. The coach asked me later to place my vote, saying "the vote was tied between me and someone else, and I had the deciding vote." Most people were saying you shouldn't vote for yourself, out of courtesy. I worked hard all year and ran during winter, too, when the coach's son played basketball. The coach's youngest son and I shared the same name, and we were both on the 2-mile, and 1-mile relay teams together. I voted for myself. I felt like I had the tie-breaking vote, since I voted last. Anyway, he somehow arranged it that I got the MVP award, which I suppose I deserved, since I had faster times in those races, and won separate medals in the 1/2 mile open, though his son ran the 2-mile open, but didn't medal as high.

But here's what amazed me: The coach's son actually won the popular vote, since he was more liked and had more friends than I did. I only discovered this 18+ years later because I saw the MVP plaque in the case with HIS NAME on it. The coach actually thought enough of me and my effort to make me believe I was the MVP. I still have the MVP trophy with my name. That man had enough belief in me to do such a thing as to give me that award. I'm still amazed to this day.

- Response by beachinbeachboy, A Jock, Male, 36-45, Pittsburgh, Consulting

I love your smile and your heart. Both made me feel so good.

I had a woman tell me "You are the best lover that I have ever had." When I finally stopped laughing I asked her if she had ever been with anyone before I came along...

- Response by A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65, Tampa, Science / Engineering

Best sex I ever had (several women). (Skeptical)

Very unselfish lover. (I try)

Beautiful blue eyes. (I guess so)

You're the best looking guy I've ever seen (ok, I was 24 at the time, 52 now!).

How did you learn to ski like that and can you tell em what I'm doing wrong? (I'm very good, yes, but can always find better).

- Response by tomtomcat, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, New York, Teaching

I had a teacher in 6th grade pull me out in the hallway. I'd been cutting up with some other kids and I was the one that got into trouble. This teacher lit into me. And, I was kinda like "yeah, yeah, yeah I'm in trouble". But she said, "Look, you are one of the smartest kids in this class. You can have do anything you want in life but you have to start behaving and doing your work". She went on to say, "Most of these other kids I wont bother with because they don't have your potential. But, you've got potential. Don't waste it away by being hanging around with the wrong people".

That was 20 something years ago and when I see that lady back home, I will go up and hug her. That was the first time someone told me I was intelligent and that I could do anything if I just applied myself.

- Response by infantrystud, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Military