My husband wants to have sex with someone else
Married Life / 9:03 AM - Monday September 27, 2010

We r married for 5 yrs and my husband wants to hav sex with someone else .And he wants my permission for that . I tried to ignore the conversation in the Past but keeps on asking again and again . He says he doesn't mind me also having sex with some one . What should I do ? Will it affect my married life if I giv him the permission?

Update: September 27, 2010.
Thank u every one

- Asked by An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, New York

You should remind your husband that marriage is about a commitment. That's really your call. It sounds to me like he wants you both to be a swinging couple. Some people are cool with that, but I surmise you aren't or you wouldn't be asking this question. You can always go see a marriage counselor. If that doesn't work, then you may have to divorce him. Like I said, that's your decision to make.

- Response by daugenstine, A Creative, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Well if the sickness that are out there,
don't worry him, then it should worry you.

I couldn't even imagine making Love to a man,
who not only cheated on me, but then thinks
so little of me, that he would "Give me permission"
to do the same.

Keep your self-respect and go for a divorce.
He will never change, and could end up giving you
a serious disease, that you will then have no future,
with anyone else, because of it.

If he can't show you respect, at least care enough
about yourself, to move on without him.

- Response by helpful5714, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

Well, if he doesn't want to act married, then cut him free and let him live the life he's dreaming. He'll find - too late - that the reality never lives up to the dream.

And then you'll be free to find someone who respects you like this assclown does not.

- Response by tooluser, A Career Man, Male, 36-45

You will have to be the judge of that..But me personally would never give the one I am with permission or an excuse to wonder..sounds like you two are looking at a alternative life style or he is tempting you with one..sounds like he is experienced at this..Yes I believe it will affect your married life eventually after the new-ness of it wears off. Good luck with your decision! ;.]

- Response by cjs1991, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Teaching

Sounds like your husband doesn't understand what marriage and commitment to one person means.

He's looking for a reason to justify cheating on you by encouraging you to do the same thing.

Why would you want to give him permission to cheat on you??? It's not only unfaithful, but could bring all kinds of diseases into your marriage!

I know some people have "open marriages" which to me seem to be an oxymoron .. a contradiction in terms.

If he wants to sleep around, he shouldn't be married!!

You have to decide what you want to do, but YES I think it already has affected your marriage just because he thinks it OK to do it.

tell him ok but it will be a 3 some and you pick the girl for him

- Response by windyday, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

This is almost always a very bad idea? After only five years? Does he do drugs?

I vote no on this plan. Tell him he can have a divorce instead.

SO he's asking for Permission to cheat? That seems like a no brainer to me.

- Response by usarmy24id, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Celebrity

Are you kidding me? Why does he want to ? You have the same parts some other girl has, I would tell him no way !!!! And he says you can too, Do you want to ? If my husband told or asked me that , i would tell him bye.
Do you think he has already been with someone else?

- Response by pennyxoc, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

My wife is having sex every now and then with her ex-boyfriend. Been going on a few years now and we are as happy and in love as ever.

- Response by A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

At a certain level I have to wonder why you married this person. I've heard this kind of situation from one other person I know and I told her before she got married the guy was a dog and didn't seem very committed to her from what I could tell and my girlfriend told her the same thing. There are always red flags for this type of stuff.

The only thing you can do is start divorce proceedings lest you wait until he:

A.) Wears you down into taking a dip in the insane asylum pool.
B.) Tells you that he wants a divorce because he's happier sleeping with the woman(en) that he'd been sleeping with all along while asking you about it.

- Response by butch007, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Philadelphia, Artist / Musician / Writer

Honey, this has already affected your married life.

- Response by frater541, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Technical

Does your husband understand what marriage means?? If he does this, it will not help you stay together. Your husband has a "the grass is always greener" complex and no amount of random sex can cure that. He is a dissatisfied person.

- Response by sweetmama247, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Buffalo, Home Maker

time for a divorce if you ask me.

- Response by j3s5e, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Variety is the spice of life!
switch things up a bit! :)

- Response by discotrash, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Las Vegas, Other Profession