Did someone ever suck the life out of you?
Diet & Health / 5:16 PM - Friday September 24, 2010

Hi,
So, I guess I am writing because I've had this happen to me. Now I know that probably no one is ever immune from these types of situations. It's just that I am rather upset that I spent so much time on this person. I am now trying to be open about life in general. I feel that I literally stopped living for some time because I found it so hard to explain to others what I was going through.
I know it's not good to dwell on the past so I am trying hard to focus on the present. It's unbelievable how many things have happened to me over the course of the last 6 months to a year and now I realize really that anything in life is possible.
At the same time I do still feel like this sense of feeling stuck in a situation and I am not exactly sure where that is coming from. Perhaps it has something to do with wanting to achieve some goals.
Unfortunately I cannot go back to the life I had before and life can only move forward, otherwise everyone would always just be miserable all the time; and I don't want to be miserable. I think I have the right to be happy.
What do you think about this?

Update: September 24, 2010.
Oh yeah, right, like there isn't a tone of condescension. The answer you have given could have been avoided. Full stop.

Update: September 24, 2010.
I'm sorry for the ones who suffered and who are or were in my same position, and thankfully realize that I am on here to vent. As for the others who think I am pathetic, too bad. You sound pretty bitter and evil yourself.

Update: September 24, 2010.
I'm not sure you understood, maybe partially. That's exactly the point, wanting to move forward. Anyway, thanks for your responses.

Because you are suffering from loss, whether it is a person or your own soul, I suggest counseling and possibly a medication to treat your mild depression. that will help you to move forward with a positive outlook rather than being stuck in a wounded position and having a hard time gathering the energy and emotions to move forward. good luck

I I had to guess, you are an Inrovert, and this person who sucked the life out of you is an Extrovert.

I knew it.

- Response by buffer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Los Angeles, Retired

Um, you seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. I said your way of DEALING with your disappointment was pathetic, not that YOU were a pathetic person.

And actually, projecting the fact that you're miserable onto others (e.g. saying they're "bitter and evil") is pathetic, too. Sorry. :)

You have a diseased, over-sensitive ego and are without accomplishments to make it feel better, so it somehow follows that I was being condescending. Sure. Whatever. :)

Yes, she put me right to sleep and I enjoyed it completely

I realize this is going to sound harsh, but "remedying" the fact that you spent time on a worthless person by spending more time on him / her by obsessing about him / her is pathetic.

There are abusive, worthless, sometimes evil people out there. There are people who hate us for things that we never did. The only thing we can do when we encounter people like this is take it as a terrible, harsh lesson and go on.

You are still alive. You can take your life back. Don't give this person any more of your life.