Do you sweat a LOT????????????
Diet & Health / 12:49 AM - Tuesday September 21, 2010

Do you sweat a LOT????????????

I sweat a lot. Always have. I wear strong deodorant, but nothing truly helps people like me, that sweat SO MUCH.

Anyone else have this problem?

Just looking for sympathy!

- Asked by hoppyish, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, New York, Law Enforcement

Awww... Sweetie (Hugs). I never used to sweat until I hit "that" age. Or maybe 'this' age, who the hell knows. I never used to get my shirts wet. Now i do, a little. There is no smell, thank God, just the wetness.

Someone told me to try mens deodorant even though I was spending a fortune on the clinical womens new-found fix-it deodorants.

Regular men's deodorant doesn't leave the white spots on your clothes that women's does and it works better!! Go figure! My teenage daughter even started using it even after she said to me, " but it doesn't smell girly...". I said who cares as long as it works, wear your perfume and all will be just fine! To this day, she and I use the men's stuff and we are all good.

On another note, I have heard botox shots on the underarms will help to stop the sweating if it is really bad. Might hurt but I guess it lasts for a while.... something to consider i suppose.

- Response by raynonme, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Managerial

TALK TO YOUR PHYSICIAN.......they have new treatments that work well.

NO ONE NEEDS TO SUFFER LIKE THAT.

- Response by nuttyprofessor, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Transportation

It could be due to a physical condition. I agree you should talk to your Dr. I went through something like this where I would sweat so much I couldn't wear cute or tight fitting shirts for awhile. It was rather embarrassing. For me, it ended up being a symptom of an overactive thyroid but after getting it back to normal I didn't sweat as much anymore. There might be a solution to your problem. Good luck

- Response by melmac, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

I never sweat at all until I reached 48.Now I wake up to a wet bed and soaked pillows.

Certain Dri! Deodorants do nothing to stop perspiration, you need an antiperspirant and I STRONGLY recommend Certain Dri!

I'm the kind of person who has huge pit stains in the middle of winter lol. My face and neck sweat like crazy too, as does my butt (gross, I know!) so I totally feel you!

- Response by lizarella, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28

Yes, I have the same problem. It can be 30 degrees out and I'll be sweating. I don't wear coats or sweaters in the winter because I'm so hot. You're not alone.

- Response by bambi58, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Indianapolis, Retired