Why do guys avoid simple questions?
Friendship / 11:21 AM - Monday September 13, 2010

Why do guys avoid simple questions?

For example if I was speaking to you as a friend or a ex who is now just a friend through text messages and I asked, so do you have kids yet? Why not respond to that? I mean I am asking to just get to know more about you or if I know you just to see how your life is going..

Update: September 13, 2010.
Well this is my ex and we have been a apart for three years, We decided to be just friends and I just wanted to get to know him again but this time in a friend way. He asked me questions all the time and I answer . I really care enough bout him that I want to be friends, You are right it frustrates me. As to calling him his girl is jealous and checks up on him and so I dont want to cause trouble so we just text. We are not talking bout stuff she shouldnt but I guess the trust between them on her part isnt well.

- Asked by southernqueen2010, A Sportif, Female, 29-35

It is possible that he didn't want to get into the whole kid discussion, as this can be a complex web for men to navigate through even in conversation. Heh.

I.E. "Do you have kids?" "No." "Why not?" "It didn't work out that way, I guess." "Why, what happened?" "Well...-gives general reason-" "So you mean that you didn't WANT kids?" "No, that's not what I meant." "Well, that's what you said." "No, I said that it didn't work out that way." "But you didn't say why."

As you can see... this can be a very unpleasant place for a guy to be in (because he is not supposed to not want children for any reason at all, even if the relationship is shaky... hrm.)

Just one view to consider. =-)

- Response by cutypy5840, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

Some people are just really guarded and uncomfortable talking about themselves.

You just have to give them some time so they feel more at ease. When they get to know you better, they might be less "tight lipped".

Believe me, I know how frustrating that can be.

Maybe give that person a call. He might feel better speaking on the phone than texting too.

He didn't tell you about kids because he doesn't want you to know. He's an ex. He has someone else. You KNOW she is jealous. Why are you tempting him to get in trouble? I think she doesn't trust him with a good reason. He's talking to YOU behind her back.
How would you feel if he was with YOU and talking to her? You'd hate it.

Yes I do... Ohh wait a minute you weren't asking me!! :)

- Response by hands, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Hong Kong, Who Cares?