How can I help my son to become a model
Career / 12:51 PM - Sunday September 12, 2010

How can I help my son to become a model

My son have all quality to be a model. It is pity to not to use his beauty in a fashion world

Get him professional photos for a portfolio, and try to get him a contract with a reputable agency (any reputable agency will NOT ask for money from you upfront).

A photography student may be willing to do the photos for a decent price if money is an issue.

- Response by 1junebug, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

You don't mention how old he is.

Before any modeling agency will look at him, you need a portfolio of him in varying dress and poses.

Is he an agreeable child? Will he pose? Do as he's told?

Is he older?

You need to research this and understand beforehand, there is lots of competition.

make a portfolio of him; get an agent and enter him in contests to get noticed.
btw, how old is he?
find where are modelling companies in your area and see what they say.
i would let him keep his youth and do youthful things..maybe when he is in his teens and he wants to be a model..then see what can be done.
why do you think he has to be a model? does he want to be, for himself or is that your dream?

A pity not to use him? How about a pity to use him. having been in the modeling world, it's shitty. The pay is awful if you aren't with a MAJOR major brand. You are degraded and morphed into an image that isn't you. I hated it. They'll take your photos professionally yeah, but be prepared when that photoshop doesn't save him from having the lowest self-esteem imaginable because he won't fit everyones' criteria. Let him make his own choices. Becoming a model isn't an overnight thing. It takes years and getting your name up there with the big boys.

- Response by sillysquids2, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?