How do I know that my best friend wants something more?
Dating / 2:30 AM - Saturday September 11, 2010

My best friend and I have known eachother for about 7 years now and lately its seems like she likes me more than a friend. She has had a few casual relationships and 1-2 serious ones in the past but she gives off ALOT of signs that she likes me: everyday she compliments my clothing and has admitted she loves my style.She notices if I'm using a different deodourant or hairproduct, saying I smell nice. Across the classroom, we make kissy/flirty faces. She goes quiet whenever she sees me talking to another girl and teases me about them. We text constantly and she always asks if we can talk on the phone,and our conversations usually lasts 2-3 hours. She admits she'd rather spend time with me instead of with her boyfriend. Whenever we're sitting on a park bench, I have my arm on the back rest, she leans against but not empigh for me to actually put my arm on her. She has this little pet name for me that she ONLY says when we are alone. That's only some of the things that happen between us. What do you say about all this, is it possible that she likes me?

"She admits she'd rather spend time with me instead of with her boyfriend."

It all sounded just great, until you said the above. There is no way to pretend that is NOT true. Until it is NO longer true, your hands are tied.

Just remember that once you cross that line it's really hard to go back to being just friends.

- Response by jojospice, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Political / Government

If you can kick her boyfriend's ass, you may live
happily ever after, like the storybook endings go
but, she said she HAS (present tense) a boyfriend

She seems to "like you"... but, is it ever enough?

I wouldn't invest much effort until things change.

She has a bloke, Back off D

The bf thing is a stickler. You'll have to just talk to her and let her know to leave him for you. I know lots of people who've had successful relationships with a similar situation. Sucks for the bf but happens to everyone.

If you believe you can make her happier everyday than he can then that's all that really counts. Both you and the bf have to look outside of yourselves and think what is best for her. That's when you know you are making the right choices.

- Response by A Creative, Male, 29-35, Vancouver, Technical