A girl asked me out to a movie
Dating / 6:40 PM - Saturday September 04, 2010

A girl asked me out to a movie

A girl I know asked me out to a movie. I counter offered with lunch at the U and she blew me off. Why?

Maybe because (if the U is at a college) that wouldn't really be going anywhere out of the ordinaqry. She wanted to go out for date and felt like you weren't interested in that ... rather just a quick lunch.

Because she wanted to go see a movie Einstein.

You counter offered?

I strongly disagree w/duggars. I think that she felt that your counter offer was more of a friendly meeting than going to the movies, which is generally understood as "we're on a date". By 1. countering and 2. countering w/a daytime activity 3. that can be done on campus 4. that gives you a quick "get away", she probably felt you weren't interested and was probably embarassed. If you're interested, I bet you could smooth things over if you're on your best behavior, since she asked she had to be interested/thinking about it for a while. All the best!

- Response by kamilah, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Houston, Political / Government

First of all, you should have asked her that at the time.

Second, she probably was going to see the movie already and wanted you to join her.

- Response by buffalothighs88, A Hippie Chick, Female, 56-65, Other Profession

I'm guessing the "U" is the cafeteria at your college? I think a movie is less committed. Why not ask about getting coffee? If she asked you to a movie, she obviously likes you in some way.

- Response by zerotohero2, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

She blew you off because she wanted to go to the movie. That was why she asked you; she wanted your company to see THAT movie.

- Response by randyl, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Technical

Think about this, She is a little lady who wants everything to go her way.