How do you feel about your ex being friends with your family on facebook?
Friendship / 11:45 PM - Sunday August 29, 2010

My husband's ex (baby mama) has about 5 friends in commom with me on facebook. They happen to be my in laws, n my husband doesn't know that she is friends with them or I think he would be pretty upset. I know that some are trying to keep it cordial because of my husband's daughter.
But, normally how do you feel about an ex keeping in contact with your family and friends?

Update: August 30, 2010.
I asked this question because, I know my uncle in-law, reached out to her on facebook and he also invites her over to his house when we are having gatherings, he has asked me in the past if i would be uncomfrtable n I tell him, its fine. So, I know as far as the other family memebers, she has reached out to them. They have told me it was odd but didn't wanna be rude so they accepted her friend request. I know for my uncle in-law why he did it, but he knows she's crazy n he needs to watch out for her, but i think he's ginunine but not so much on her part.

- Asked by alocksgirl2005, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Baltimore, Who Cares?

When there is a child involved, all the cards change. I suspect your in laws are just trying to keep the relationship civil because of the grandbaby. Now, if there wasn't a kid in the picture, it'd be weird. I wouldn't worry about it.

- Response by 23rosess, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

It really depends. My former sister in law is divorced from my brother for 12 years and the whole family keeps in touch with her because she is a dear person and the mother of 4 of our nieces and nephews. During the time there was ill will between her and my brother most of the family didn't stay in touch with her but over time all fences were mended. On the other hand, it would be completely weird for me to stay in touch with my ex-husband's family because the ill will still exists. Sometimes facebook causes more problems than it is worth, so I would just let the whole matter drop if I were you.

- Response by maryea, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, New York, Retired

which ex? And they are their own people and my friends have the right to pick and keep their won friends too. I know my second ex's new husband is a jealous turd, but i dont really have a say in that either.

- Response by hoopsjunkie, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Indianapolis, Self-Employed

That will be ok for me. as long as the person not disturbing me.

- Response by dzeusmitch, A Player, Female, 22-25, Hospitality

If the ex had a relationship with the in-laws then that's really an issue for all of them to decide. My ex stayed fairly close to some of my family for years and yes, everyone worked to keep things cordial (also for the daughter's sake) for as long as she was around. Eventually she moved on with her own circle of support and friends.

- Response by mikintx, A Rebel, Male, 56-65, San Antonio, Technical

That all depends on why, how and when we broke up. If we broke up 'cause of her and the break up was less than amicable then hell yeah I would have a problem with it. But then again time heals all wounds so after enough time had passed maybe not but still it's not that I would be mad out of jealousy but because that which I would have gone through because of that person should serve as warning enough for my friends and family to stay away.

- Response by azuwish, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, St.Louis

Does your husband bring up his ex in conversation? Do you feel members of his family think higher of her than you? If the answer is yes you need to sit down and have a heart to heart. If these two don't exist than look at it as a friendship formed through a past bond and push on with the man you married.

- Response by alwaysblueskies, A Career Man, Male, 56-65, Retail

She was part of that family before you and formed relationships with them. She's the mother of his daughter....who Im sure is loved by his family. Why wouldn't they stay cordial to her? Just because your husband and her didn't make it work doesn't mean the family should cut her off.... that's crazy. Do you let your family pick your friends?

It would depend on wether they manipulated things or not.

- Response by Ghostrider8t0, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Technical

That's fine, as long as the ex doesn't manipulate them.

- Response by thundermist04167, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?