Do men like to be dominated?
Sex & Intimacy / 12:12 AM - Friday August 27, 2010

Do men like to be dominated?

By the right Boss Lady, maybe...

If they do, their culture tells them they shouldn't and many people cave in to their culture's pressures and expectations. So it would be almost impossible to find out the answer to your question--because even during anonymous surveys, you have to take into account that people answering sensitive questions often lie to themselves. ;)

In bed? They only say that if they're being lazy and don't want to be on top ;)

- Response by anie01, A Thinker, Female, 22-25

in bed? some do. I briefly dated a guy who wanted me to slap him around and call him a little bitch. perhaps logically, he had a powerful job. Nonetheless, I decided he was a bit too kinky for me. Some men prefer to be dominant in bed. and I think most men fall somewhere in between. Now, out of the bedroom, you'll probably be hard pressed to find a guy who wants to be dominated (henpecked, nagged, pussy whipped...)

- Response by 23rosess, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

Some do. But, most often, the ones that DO, only reveal in in the bedroom. If you ever had the opportunity to interview a hooker or call girl, they would tell you how many very powerful men they have entertained, who paid for DOMINANCE. Many senators and judges are known for wanting to be dominated; some very extremely.

Mine does, which is great considering my personality in the bedroom is a bit like a drill sargeant - I call the shots. He loves it, he thinks I'm a goddess.

I think it's totally sexy for a woman to be in control. It shows confidence, and that's the most beautiful trait a woman can have.

- Response by lipstickonyourpillowcase, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Calgary, Student

Depends on the man. If he asks you to handcuff him or spank him, I'd say "yes."

- Response by myrtletyrtle, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I think the key word here is "dominated". In my opinion healthy people don't want to dominate or be dominated...they want reciprocity that might be different but feels equal. Of course unless you are into S&M...then carry on with whatever it is you are into.

- Response by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Yeah sure, and someone who is non stop talk both at the same time.

- Response by buffer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Los Angeles, Retired

Some do and some don't.

There's a whole lot of factors involved. Now, even a 'normal' man liked to be 'dominated' a little, like you initiating sex, maybe fussing over him more in the bedroom, maybe fussing more when he's not feeling good and making some decisions for him.

That doesn't mean he's weak. He'll see it as you caring more.

Now 'HARD DOMINATION' is a bit different. Usually it's sexual and it goes into the realms of humiliation, pain, discipline and emasculation. Often, guys who are into this are crack decision makers, used to telling everyone else what to do. In secret, as a relief, they like the reigns to be snatched from their hands and ordered about, to cumulate in vigorous sex.

You don't want to pull that on a guy unless you know where he stands. His automatic reaction can be defensive.

Some guys like the 'fake domination' meaning they like the girl to dress up in the garb because it turns them on but they draw the line at whips and chains, ball bindings and anything painful, like slaps, punches or sharp instruments.

Some guys also like to wear the garb, but are not into the whole thing. They just feel sexy in latex or leather pants, open at the crotch, the full head mask, leather vest, maybe leather gloves and boots.

Basically, that's 'dressing up' and it can be fun and sexy if you're into it.

I've always suspected that the more desire someone has for violent domination, the more they have a serious mental disorder. Like cutters. Cutters are men and women who get off intensely by slicing each other up a bit with scalpels or razor blades during sex.

Porn makes it seem like this stuff is everywhere, but in reality, it consists of a small percentage of the sexually active population.

If you run into a guy who likes a bit of being dominated, it's up to you as to whether or not you choose to play. Limits, however, need to be set and strictly followed. These things can get out of control.

A lot of guys just kinda like it if you push them back on the bed, grab their schlong with one hand and ram it up you as you mount them and start riding them hard. That's about the extent of it.

- Response by Rik01, A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

I have a standing rule.

As long as your nekkid,I'll do anything you say.

But once you put clothes on I'm back in charge.