My twin sister and I used to watch each other masturbate
Sex & Intimacy / 4:35 PM - Thursday August 26, 2010

My sister is technically younger but we are twins.

When we were very young (I can't remember the exact age) until 15 years old we used to looked and show our bodies to each other. Now I think that's pretty normal of young children, but we continued to be very open about our bodies and masturbate. At first when we were around 4 or 5 it was hey look at this, then and we got older I would masturbate in front of her, she would to me too. Although I never masturbated towards my sister I got turned on at what we were doing, for me I understand what I mean by that. We did however touch each other twice, and it was the last time we showed each other our bodies as we both felt we crossed a line. She jerked me off and I fingered her for a while.

Now we are older we remained close bro/sis but never spoke of it. 3 nights ago we were drinking and it came up, we spoke of how embarrassed we both were when we got old enough to realised what happened, and if it affected us now were are adults. She said she couldn't bring herself to have a BF due to the guilt until she was 20, for me I don't think it affected me in wanting or getting GF's. We told each other how it made us feel when we were young and we both were excited at seeing each other but agreed that now we understand our sexuality we 100% do not feel that way now.

Is this normal of brothers and sisters...actually I know and hope its not normal, I should say is it common? I know there is a huge fantasy taboo thing out there, but in reality does stuff like this happen?

- Asked by Male, Who Cares?

I don't call that "normal". It's incest. No one talked to you about this??
Whether it affected you or not, it wasn't a good thing.

I had a "kissing" cousin. That what she calls it now that we are adults and have discussed the silly child play. My sister on the other hand never shared masturbation time with me. Thank God.

- Response by A Rebel, Male, 46-55, New Orleans, Transportation

If you were 3,4, or 5 years old, I'd think nothing of it. But fingering your sister at age 15? Incest pure and simple.. not normal!

I have heard all kinds of stories. A lot like the one you told. Kids have a bunch of hormones and curiosity. Since, I have heard stories like this one, i would say that it is pretty common.
You get two kids alone, of the opposite sex and crazy things can happen.
I have not heard many about siblings but I also think that the guilt would keep most people from admitting it. You can't change the past. Sometimes we are compelled to do things by our bodies that we can't explain. It's a good thing that you talked about it and would not do it again.
If you're asking if you're a big freak, no you're not. Tell your sister to forgive herself.
Either way... It's just sex, not murder!

- Response by yazmi523, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

all young kids siblings or not look and experiment..When I was 6 a little girl used to look at me and I her this continued until about age 8 then in High school...she is now my beaiutifl and wonderful wife of 40 years We look back and laugh about it lets face it little girl and little boys are curious.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Transportation

It's not real unusual for siblings to show each other their bodies when they are young. Heck, I shared my evening bath with my sister when we were 2-3 years old. Age 15 is a little different; it touches on incest. But I wouldnt worry about it. It's not like you and your sister had the hots for each other, you were just experimenting with a little joint masturbating. You know that expression: "Let sleeping dogs lie."

Yes in reality things like this do happen. Especially for twins. Its just not discussed. You and your sister are adults now and have no reason to feel any guilt for doing things in your adolescents.

- Response by curious_cat67, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55

I've heard of "experimenting" with other kids, but not siblings. I would definitely not say it's normal at all. I mean, even through nature we aren't designed AT ALL to even want anything to do with our family sexually. Stuff like this happens, but honestly, I have never actually heard anyone say they have done it.

- Response by sillysquids2, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

It happens..my sister and I used to do similar things when we were older..I think its just a comfort thing..you feel comfortable with one another and its natural to be curious..;P

- Response by eagerbeaver, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

I'm glad you asked this and I don't think its unusual at all.
I think most people have had similar experiences wheather it was a sibling, cousin or neighbor.
my cousin lived next door to me when I was a kid. Our parents gave us baths together from the time we were babies, so why would we think it was wrong to be naked in front of each other. As we got older we went skinny dipping together, compaired bodies and watched each other pee.
we did a few sexual things too.
I think your normal so is your sister.

- Response by proteus, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Pittsburgh, Who Cares?

hey respond to me so we can go into details you are normal

Its not normal an for future references dont ever tell enybody this

- Response by kingzayo, A Hip Hop Guy, Male, 26-28

Only in Arkansas....

- Response by lab01, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, St.Louis, Other Profession

It's not normal.

Wow. The fact that you're even asking if this is normal is abnormal within itself! Keep your past in the past! Do you feel better from posting this? If this is your therapy to heal & move on from it, so be it. I hope it helped.

- Response by syncaset, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer