In general are men or women the most horny?
Sex & Intimacy / 2:04 AM - Wednesday August 25, 2010

OK here's my theory...I think men want the conquest and will do some dumb-ass things for sex. But when it all settles down...In general...I think women are more horny then men on a day to day basis....am I right or wrong?

- Asked by mrwondering11, A Creative, Male, Who Cares?, Portland, Managerial

I think women are hornier and better at sublimating that as well. I'm horny right now...but that isn't going to do you any good is it now. LOL

- Response by joybird, A Hippie Chick, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Everyone has a different sex drive. It varies per individual and not per sex. There are some men who are more horny than women and some women who are more horny than men. By the same token, there are some men who are more horny than other men and some women who are more horny than other women.

I think women are.I always outdid any man.

The week that I'm ovulating I'm unstoppable. But the rest of the time I couldn't tell you. My hubby gets it so much that I can never build up enough to feel horny LOL

- Response by tessiewessie22, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Celebrity

I definitely disagree with the comments. Men per se are hornier just because of the fact that we have testosterone in our systems. We are more hard wired visually which will stoke our lust faster/harder. There are the exceptions though, out of 20 women in my life one of them had a sex drive commensurate with mine. The rest - no. They had average or below average sex drives. The reason I say women are not as horny is because if they were then men wouldn't have to have affairs or have women on the side. A woman who doesn't get that horny isn't going to be 'Giving' in the bedroom. This is why going forward I will not settle like I did in my marriage for a sexually tree sloth of an ex.

- Response by A Creative, Male, 46-55, Boston, Other Profession

historically men in general have been the hornier sex. however, on a person by person basis, that's different. of all my relationships, i've met one lady with a higher sex drive then i had.

plus, it depends on age. from 10-35, men win hands down. from 35+ women win hands down.

I think it varies depending on the person, the moment and their mood. Par example, sometimes I'm much more hornier than my s/o. But then on certain days it's the complete opposite. I have a lot of girlfriends who will talk to me and tell me that guys are more horny all they want is sex. When I can very much say the same for women as well.

- Response by mel01234, A Creative, Female, 22-25, Toronto, Medical / Dental

There are a few women that have strong sex drives, maybe somewhere around 10% of women; the rest not so much. Just go to Craigslist and see how many more men are looking to hookup compared to women, not even close. As a general rule women don't even know what horny is, compared to what a man feels.

The main reason is men have much more testosterone and to a lesser degree men have their sex lives validated by society and women don't.

- Response by A Creative, Male, 46-55