Is it wrong for an 18 year old female to date a 30 year old male?
Dating / 5:00 PM - Sunday August 22, 2010

If the female is very mature for her age and they both have true feelings about each other? Just a random question there is no meaning to it.

Not sure why an 18 year old would want to date someone 30 and vice versa.

People say age is just a "number", and that could be true when people are older...but an 18 year old is still really a child and that number is significant.

Someone 30 would be at a different stage in his life than an 18 year old who is barely out of school, if she is out.

I just think that relationships are difficult enough without adding such a large age difference to the mix.

Yes. She's still too young for a 30 year old man. As time goes by, the disparity between ages disappears, but an 18 year old with a 30 year old man is not considered a good idea.

not necessarily wrong, but due to the age difference which gives way to the vast difference in life experiences and maturity, it will provide for unreasonable expectations and disappointment.

Yes, why not? Age is just a number......:-)

- Response by spitfire815, A Hippie Chick, Female, 66 or older, Who Cares?

I don't know if it's wrong per se but I cannot imagine what in the world they would have in common. It would probably make more sense if she were 22 and he were 34.
I just hope my 18 year old son doesn't start dating a 30 year old woman!

- Response by scooper, A Sportif, Female, 46-55, Dallas, Who Cares?

I would have to agree with 1991...I am 24 and my bf is 52...is that wrong? Not for me its worked for almost 2 years now!!

- Response by jaclyn_gildner, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

the only issue that is apparent in the numbers is the possibility (NOT the certainty) of a serious gap in life experience that leaves limited "common ground" or "world view". on the other hand, that might be just fine with both people, just as long as it is a given "going in", and that both appreciate the mentor/student aspect of things.

by all other metrics, no. no problem.

I always dated males that were ten years older than I was. I didn't 'pick' a certain age, it just turned out that way and always seemed that the guys that were my own age were soooo immature. ;o)

- Response by seajaih, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

No. They are both legal and can do whatever they want.

- Response by chessplayer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Administrative

no way im 19 with a 26 year old i know thats still 4 years apart from u and ur man but i was 17 with a 30 year old and really i see no reason why u cant be with him it aint about the age its whats in side that counts and if he treats u right its not about what other people think who cres about the haters out there if ur happy then thats all that matters :D

- Response by sukafreeme, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Halifax, Student

Not wrong but I am hoping this eighteen year old is working and going to school and that this thirty year old did not just get out of jail or married. If that is not the case then I would tell the eighteen year old not to loose herself..continue to do for her life. Smile!

- Response by cjs1991, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Teaching

Not wrong, just not smart (for the girl)

- Response by teh1stone, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35