What does yoga do to your body? Will you lose weight by doing that?
Diet & Health / 6:56 AM - Friday August 20, 2010

i ate some peanut butter with whole wheat bread and with 1 small banana. Is that healthy?

- Asked by Mirahmoseley, A Thinker, Female, 18-21

Yoga is an exercise for the mind body and soul, yes you will lose weight , your body fit , mind focused , it will make you learn to eat healthy food like you just ate , there are countless benefits of yoga

- Response by orgasmic007, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, New Delhi

yoga is a better work out than most people realize. I did it for a few years. Loved it.

- Response by scooper, A Sportif, Female, 46-55, Dallas, Who Cares?

It can, depending on what you eat. Cut out as much processed food as you can and eat things as close to how they came off the plant as you can and yes, yoga will help you lose weight. I personally prefer Pilates to yoga, but everyone needs to find what works for them.
Do you like yoga? The secret to exercise is finding something you like to do. You can have the greatest exercise program in the world but if you don't like doing it, you won't do it and then it won't work at all.
Find an exercise you like to do, whether it's yoga, running, biking, weightlifting, or whatever. Experiment with different forms of exercise and find what works for you.
Best of luck.

- Response by falsehammer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Kansas City, Consulting

I used to be an avid yoga participator. I used to always do yoga, but it is expensive, especially the kind I did. I did hot yoga, also known as Bikram yoga. It's yoga done in a 100 degree room! The reasons why Bikram chose to work himself and his students so hard is to let out extra toxins and also help the body bend and move better, which does happen, in warmer temperatures!

Doing that type of yoga, you can definitely lose weight. You can lose weight in general doing any form of yoga. It strengthens your inner muscles. You'll feel it more on the inside that the outside. Your body may not look really different right away, but you will notice yourself feeling stronger.

Yoga may also help with posture and flexilbility. It definitely helped me that way. and also, it can help with digestion as many of the stretches put some needed pressure on the internal organs like your intestines which in turn keep them moving and functioning to their best! :-)

peanut butter on whole wheat and a banana is good. if you want, for more satisfaction, take out the banana and have a glass of milk or a plain 2% chobani greek yogurt.

- Response by hoppyish, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, New York, Law Enforcement

Maybe.
Can you lose weight doing yoga? It all depends on how much you do, how often you do it. It's like the question can I lose weight walking, well how far, a big difference walking once a week for 10 min, and 15 miles a day.

If it is something you do an hour a month, no.
an hour a week,eh no. 3-4 hours a week, probably.

one meal is not healthy or unhealthy, but what you constantly eat. Think of it as healthy lifestyle not healthy meal.

Yoga is great for relaxation, balance, posture and strength. I try to do some yoga moves most days and your snack would be healthier with whole grain bread.