Damn...... how do you handle it when your own blood betrays you?
Family & Parenting / 9:27 PM - Wednesday August 18, 2010

When your own family betrays you?

How do you deal with that?

Family are the people that you "choose" to include in your life, those other people are just part of a "cosmic joke" ... Walk away. You may find you are in very good company...

- Response by siouxzen, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

That is a difficult one because when that happens you whole life has just changed.

For me I went and created my own family of friends.

I have been betrayed by blood
passed on to others and then betrayed again.

It hurts until you come to a place were you see it is all on them , appreciate yourself and wish much happiness for them as you live your own happy life.
This drama would have just carried on under the surface so
perhaps really this is a good thing.

Accepting this is going to be a process and it will take time
you might want to pull out all of your supports and if you don't have any you can seek them out.

I've been around this block several times. The first thing that will help carry you through is that the betrayal is proof of the betrayer's character and not of yours. The second is that there is very likely nothing you can do to heal the relationship or help them understand the import of what they did. Succinctly put, you can't help them. The third is that you must forgive them. Don't get me wrong, though! If they don't apologize, they don't deserve to know that they've been forgiven. You can forgive them and they may never know because they may never deserve to know. You must forgive them for your own sake, not for theirs. Keeping that kind of malice in your heart is like eating rat poison and expecting the rat to die. You may not be able to forgive right away, but eventually you will. Forgive when you're able and the healing will be your own.

- Response by 2wheels, A Creative, Male, 56-65, Retired

I haven't figured that out yet. ;o(

- Response by seajaih, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

I go Machiavelli on their azz!

- Response by alecsmart1, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Celebrity

Life is short and I don't know what exactly happened but it is better to just let it go. Don't let this consume you like this. Give it to God and forgive them for whatever it is.

- Response by debski, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Detroit, Science / Engineering

a beatdown comes to mind

When you find out, let me know. I am in the same position. And yes, it hurts like hell.

- Response by ph58, Female, 56-65, New South Wales

When you find out, tell me. My family have done the same. It hurts so bad. I am seeing a psycologist. He told me to try to let go. He also told me that I had every right to feel as bad as I do, and that it will take years for me to get over what happened.

Good luck, and much love.

www.berettafirearms.com