Why would my boyfriend change is his Facebook profile pic or am I being paranoid?
Dating / 6:19 PM - Tuesday August 17, 2010

Is he trying to attract women or am I being being a typical crazy obsessed person?

- Asked by A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28, Chicago, Self-Employed

He's growing and changing and trying on a new face.
Ask him if it's that...
and you'll get a real answer to both questions.

Keep to your real relationship more than FB reactions, you'll be happier, much. Guaranteed.

- Response by serentan, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Artist / Musician / Writer

paranoid. changing the profile pic is like changing your shorts.

- Response by teh1stone, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35

Because, he simply wanted to and this is a feature he can use.

Yes, you are being paranoid.

Probably

Yes, you are being a crazy obsessed person. This is not typical of emotionally healthy individuals within healthy relationships. Only, those that are typical of those who have issues. Please look within yourself and find out what's going on with you that you have to spend your time worrying about why a man changes his profile picture. He might have simply wanted to update his picture. I know I wouldn't want pictures of me from the first year I join any site, still being my main picture. Get a grip before you truly lose this boyfriend. Because, if you keep acting like this, you will. Trust me, on this one.

I know how you feel.. well kinda. My bf changes his display picture allll the time. At least he used to before I told him how much I hated it.
For me, I don't think my bf is trying to attract anyone.. just himself! My bf is a bit full of himself and has called himself "sexy". So it irritates the hell out of me when he keeps changing his picture, I guess he can't get enough of himself!

But to answer your question, just because someone changes their picture on a site like that doesn't mean they are trying to attract anyone. I change my picture on facebook just because I get bored of seeing the same pic.

I was straight forward with my bf. Took me months though! I told him to quit changing his damn picture becuase it pisses me off. I was surprised that he actually listened to me and apologized. And now he no longer has his picture up.. woohooo! So maybe you can try askign your bf about this. I'm not suggesting you do exactly what I did lol, but just casually ask him why he changed his picture. He probably changed it for innocent reasons :)

I change mine all the time. It doesn't mean I am trying to attract anyone. You are paranoid.

"am I being being a typical crazy obsessed person?"
In a word, Yes.

I really think you have a good handle on it.......

- Response by rayannem86, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Hospitality

Nothing wrong with changing his pic hun .U feeling insecure. Some of My friends and family do it all the time.. all good nothing to worry about..

CRAZY!!!! Get a grip sista! If you're that insecure, you shouldn't be in a relationship to begin with.

Let's add neurotic and manic-depressive to crazy and obsessed.

It's fairly typical.

- Response by joeblow1234, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Whitehorse, Artist / Musician / Writer

People change there pics, just for something new. Happens all the time. doesn't mean squat. He just found a pic he like better.

Don't be so paranoid, or else he will be looking to replace you.

- Response by 1man4commonsense, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

I change my all the time but that doesnt mean I want attention...yes you are paranoid and dont base your trust on silly things like that...it will notonly ruin you but your relationship as well, take a chill pill :)

- Response by asianlovely13, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, London, Managerial

typical crazy obsessed person.... breath.

- Response by j3s5e, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

Maybe he was sick of the old pic. People change their profile pics all the time.

- Response by melmac, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

Put the question this way: Why would YOU change the picture you have on FaceBook? Are any of your possible reasons vile or deceitful?

There is your answer. It is a very routine and normal thing to do. Everyone does it and you will too, sooner or later.

it just a picture. nothing much.
maybe he's bored with the old picture

- Response by dzeusmitch, A Player, Female, 22-25, Hospitality

People change their photos when they get tired of seeing the same one repeatedly. It's just like on myspace if you look at your profile enough the background eventually gets boring so you change it to something new. You're just being paranoid. You should only worry if he changes the picture to one of him and another girl.

- Response by staceym2112, A Cool Mom, Female, 26-28, Medical / Dental

I think you are being a bit paranoid. People change their profile pics all the time. he may have likes a newer picture.

That sounds a little paranoid. Paranoia and suspicion are poison to a relationship.

- Response by sweetmama247, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Buffalo, Home Maker

Well, is his new photo better looking than his old photo? He just wants to put his best image out there for the world to see. Can't blame him for that.

Holy crap. Can people get banned on here? That "handsomedetroitguy" has issues..

Hey, dude.. do this site a favor and get the hell off it and take some anger management classes. It's not normal or healthy to have such a strong and crazy opinion about innocent question as this.

And to the original poster- don't listen to that guy. He is angry, bitter, and psycho. And that's all I have to say.. I think your question has already been answered :)