Should I buy 2 convertible car seats for both cars?
Family & Parenting / 12:22 PM - Tuesday August 10, 2010

My husband and I have our own vehicles and with my son growing out of his infant car seat in a few months, I was wondering if it is a good idea for my husband and I to both purchase a convertible car seat? I don't want to go thru the hassle of always taking the car seat in and out of one car and having to reinstall it in another. What do most parents do in a situation like this? Please help. :)

- Asked by alocksgirl2005, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Baltimore, Who Cares?

Oh, yes, much, much easier and less stressful if you have a car seat in each car....If money is an issue go to garage sales, thrift shops for used ones. If they are relatively new ones they will have the same safety standards as a new one.

- Response by youngfuddyduddy, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, New York, Who Cares?

We both have seats in our cars. That way you install them correctly one time and thats it. We were able to get some for free through other parents whose kids outgrew them so you dont HAVE to spend a lot of money. Some people feel better with new and I wont argue that but there are options is all I'm saying.

Yes, have two if at all possible. It is a safety concern if you are in a hurry, you won't risk making any mistakes.

- Response by maryea, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, New York, Retired

My son and daughter in law have a 1 year old. They have 2 vehicles and 2 car seats. It's just another hassle moving car seats around all the time ... if you can afford it, just have 2.

Having an infant is challenging enough .. make at least that a little simpler.

- Response by mrscleaver16, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65

Your idea will be easier.It makes sense.

Definitely. They're not easy to get in and out of there. I bought a very nice car seat for my car and a cheaper, more lightweight extra for when we're in another car. I also bought another cheap extra for my aunt's car because she watches my daughter a couple times a week while I'm at school and it's just too much of a hassle to try to switch things around, especially when I'm running late or something. They're in those car seats for several YEARS so it's well worth the investment!

- Response by lizarella, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25

Believe me I wish I could afford a second one. Me and my mom go places together all the time and we always take her care so I have to move the car seat alot and it sucks.

if it makes sense to you.
when my mom had kids, she had one car seat...