Is oral sex better than vaginal sex?
Sex & Intimacy / 10:31 AM - Saturday August 07, 2010

Is oral sex better than vaginal sex?

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 1 1/2 years and sexually, we stay pretty active. However, it seems like a lot of the time, he would prefer oral sex, both from me and from him, rather than vaginal sex. We will be into foreplay and all, than he moves in for the 69, while I was hoping for normal sex. He is the first guy I have been with that had almost seemed to have a preference of oral to vaginal.

I don't necessarily mind, but it just makes me wonder, does he not like sex with me or is it possible that he just really likes oral that much more?

Help me out guys! Thanks!

- Asked by aujielee, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Teaching

Did you ask him about it?

Oral feels different than vaginal (Cpt. Obvious to the rescue!) - maybe it just feels better to him to have your mouth on him than your vag. It happens...some guys need more "grip" than any kitty is going to provide.

Point two - do you have vaginal orgasms? Not that there's anything wrong if you don't...but what I'm driving at here is that maybe he realizes that vaginal doesn't get you off, so he's immediately jumping to sex that creates pleasure for both of you simultaneously? He wouldn't be the first guy to look at a situation like that and think, "hmmm...she doesn't really get anything from vaginal intercourse...and if she isn't having fun, I'm not having fun...so...let's just do something that's fun for both of us!". I find it kind of telling that he isn't just asking for bj's - he's actually engaging in an act that's mutually sexually gratifying.

Point The Third - oral sex is still sex, regardless of what your definition of "is" is. If you're both having fun and getting off with each other, what does it really matter? (Unless a good old pounding is what you're aiming for in particular) :) Have fun, enjoy each other and if you really want to know...go to the source!

- Response by euggardener, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35

Honestly, I think it's two things:

1. Less chance of an oops moment with oral sex
2. Generally, oral sex is much less intimate for some men that actual vaginal sex. Doesn't really require you to be face to face so it removes that intimacy building part of the whole deal.

Why not just ask him? If you've been together that long, can't you just ask the man?

I've seen (completely non-scientific) polls where they ask guys "if you could only have oral sex or vaginal sex for the rest of your life, which would it be" and the majority of men say oral sex. Again, it's sort of a stupid poll, since probably most men get way more vaginal sex than oral sex, so they're like "man, I'd like to get oral sex!" and vote that way. I'm just throwing that out there.

- Response by istillhatescrennames, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older

If I had a gun to my head, vaginal (decisions, decisions...), but generally, if you want an answer, let me refer you to my Jewish friend..."Saul Goode" lol!

BTW, blowjobs are virtually WORTHLESS to me if the chick ain't into it -- regardless of skill, she DEF. has to WANT to be there, otherwise, honey, don't bother! Enthusiasm is 9/10, BELIEVE IT!

- Response by mmaguy, A Jock, Male, 29-35, New York, Civil Service

It's possible oral turns him on more and he enjoys turning you on, why don't you just ask him?

have you experiemented and gotten an answer>>>>:(

I think you are probably pretty good at oral sex for him to want that more than vaginal sex. I assume when you two have oral sex it results in you both orgasming, no? So, yes, it is possible he likes oral that much. Oh, one question that might explain - do you two use condoms for vaginal sex and not for oral? That might explain it.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Military

I'd like to ask you a corollary question. Do you come while just fucking. I've been with a few women and have the standard equipment package but have never gotten a woman off through just fucking. Most women like full penetration but usually require clit stim to come and just aren't built so they get sufficient clit stim from fucking. Pardon my interest but if you do get off from fucking, is there a certain position you prefer. The rare O I've gotten from just penetration has been a) girl on top controlling movement (which is fine if I can hang long enough for her to get there) or from behind. Thanks for any tips

- Response by april4eliot, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, San Francisco, Self-Employed

teacher, take a biology class.
this is an assinine question sorry
what a leader for our children.