Do guys generally look down at your vagina during sex?
Sex & Intimacy / 8:59 PM - Tuesday August 03, 2010

do guys generally look down at your vagina during sex?

needless to say I have never had sex. haha but am planning to very so except i'm not very comfortable with having someone see my vagina I'm shy about it and am afraid that being shy about it will kill the mood for us both but I'll be fine if the lights are off and he's not trying to be a gyno and inspect my vagina before hand or watch it during like in some porn movies (which i am ashamed to say is where I have been getting my information from)I can't fathom why watching vagina stretch would be arousing but i guess thats why I'm a straight woman and not a straight man..... so...... will i have to worry about being stared at from down below or is it in poor form to look down to see what your doing durring sex?

To answer your literal (and first) question: "do guys generally look down at your vagina during sex?" It depends. If he's on top, then it's pretty difficult to do that; generally in that position he'll be looking at your face and / or breasts.

If YOU are on top, and I suppose that's going to be unlikely for your first time, then there's a very good chance that he can look there. One of the reasons that some men prefer woman-on-top is that we can look at EVERYTHING that way. We love to look at the women we love. (And I, for one, only make love with women that I love.)

So that's your first answer.

But here's another, even though you may not like it so much. Anyone who has sex with another person for the first time and doesn't look at the partner's sex organs at all is taking major risks. How else will he know, for example, whether you have clear evidence of STDs? If you don't look at him then you're missing your one chance to do the same. (Granted, you can't do much diagnosis, but if a guy has an open sore -- or if you do -- then you'd better call this off. And how else will you know?)

And beyond THAT ... if you can't even talk about this with him ahead of time -- if you're THAT shy -- then you're just not quite ready yet, mentally. Don't let your body get ahead of your mind and your heart on this. You won't enjoy it very much if you're too shy to even talk about it openly ... or let him enjoy looking at you and appreciating all of your beauty.

- Response by regnadkcin, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Boston, Artist / Musician / Writer

If your soon to be partner for your initial sexual experience is devoted and loving, as I would hope you realize he should be; you won't have to worry about poor form, good form, or where either of you are looking.

As you grow into your womanhood, and become sexually experienced, you will realize that the visual is very much a part of the sex and lovemaking experience.

After a few years, you will come to realize if he IS STARING 'down there' it's because men LOVE to watch THEIR OWN SEXUAL PROWESS. In other words, he may be staring at his own penis at work, not your vagina.

- Response by nysbikergirl, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

you can't be shy and expect to still get paid

- Response by A Hip Hop Guy, Male, 66 or older

Well miss smoked-glass mirror lady............

.....I'd say you're in for a real bad day.

- Response by joeblow1234, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Whitehorse, Artist / Musician / Writer

I have to look down to my vagina, during sex...
so, I know just right where to insert my penis!

She's the one, that makes it all come together.

Well first off, when having sex with someone you care about or whatever the situation. You should be comfortable that enough, because he will most definitely look at you, lights on or lights off. And I know to many men it is highly arousing to see their dicks being inserted into a woman's vagina. And depending on the position you're in, they will probably look down there. You shouldn't be shy or embarrassed, 'cause that will definitely show in your performance. Just take a few breaths before the process, be confident, enjoy it. If you're not comfortable with little things like this however, maybe you're just not ready.

- Response by mel01234, A Creative, Female, 22-25, Toronto, Medical / Dental

"...needless to say, i've never had sex"?

say, need sex?

"...fathom watching your vagina stretch"?

say, got stirrups?

"...worry about being stared at from down below"?

say, uh...

uh...

"...is it poor form to look down?"

uh...

< omg >

Will u be looking at his penis when it pops outer his trousers?

We all like to unwrap good gifts and take a peek!

- Response by mysterious19, An Alternative Girl, Female, 18-21, London, Other Profession

I like to stick my face right in it......

- Response by jojospice, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Political / Government

If you are afraid for him to even look at you, you aren't ready for sex.

- Response by myndseye711, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35

Giiiiiiiirl, honey, child PLEASE!

First of all, if you're not comfortable being naked, you're going to have terrible sex and more important than that -- you shouldn't be having sex because you're just not ready. I'd re-evaluate your choice to have sex with this particular person at this particular time. The vagina is kind of a necessary part of sex and it WILL BE SEEN.

Now, from there I can only tell you, every time I've ever had sex the man has usually looked down to see the in and out of what we're doing, literally. Even more so, I watch it too. If you intend to enjoy each and give yourself to one another completely you really can't be as shy as you plan to be. Lights off, "don't look at me", is screaming "I"M NOT COMFORTABLE WITH MY BODY! I'M NOT READY FOR THIS!" and that is not going to be a pleasant experience.

- Response by sweetness04, A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28, Artist / Musician / Writer

this is what happens when you let PORN be your educator.

I have no other words. All I can do is shake my head.

I usually both spread her lags and look at it and watch myself go in and out of it

Sometimes it is erotic to watch a penis enter a vagina, but it's also awkward for the man. Usually I just ask the girl to help guide me inside, and then I just pay attention to her face.

Hey, I always wondered this too!

I'm also inexperienced and I wondered if it was common for guys to see it, I don't think my vagina is ugly but even I have to learn to appreciate the way it looks and if a guy actually saw it in full view it would make me feel over-exposed.

If he did look down though, he wouldn't see anything but himself going in/out.

- Response by mimosa10, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Leeds

Guys usually look at some point. We like seeing ourselves enter especially in girl on top or "doggie" style. If he is to give you the proper forplay which is oral sex he would def look at what hes doing during that too.

I agree with the others who said it sounds like you're not ready for sex. Be comfortable and in love with the man you give your virginity to. It is the only sexual expierence you are likely to remember for the rest of your life.

If you are shy, then just be honest and let him know that you're not comfortable with the lights on so that you don't have to tell him the 'real' story about why you don't want the lights on...it will not only save the 'uncomfortableness' of having to tell him why or you having to go through your first time being so nervous...plus, most guys who are having sex with a woman don't always 'look' because they are too busy enjoying just having sex...:)

if you are going to do it and expose everything, he is going to take a good look.

Listen! The last thing you want to happen with your first (& thereafter) sexual experience is to have some complex about someone looking at your vagina! The thing is, he just might desire to look into your eyes, or see your facial expression! If you're really concerned with all that, save yourself for your future husband & then surrender your all to him! Vagina stretch & all!

- Response by syncaset, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

turning off the light will work then he wont be able to c it...

- Response by motherof12006, A Cool Mom, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?