I am 5'4 and weigh 144 pounds, AM I FAT?
Diet & Health / 7:38 PM - Monday August 02, 2010

i am 5'4 and weigh 144 pounds, AM I FAT?

Do you feel fat?

- Response by wendyshoefitz123, A Player, Female, Who Cares?

Absolutely -you have got to be the fattest person alive!

:|

- Response by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 66 or older, Peshawar, Other Profession

According to Health Professionals, Doctors, Dietitians and people that actual KNOW what they are talking about, unlike our uninformed and sometimes just plain rude (I was going to say something else) respondants, a BMI of 24.7 (which is what yours are) is still considered NORMAL. Now all you other smucks repeat after me N O R M A L!

That said, you are close to the limit and it may be a good idea, if and only if you have health considerations to maybe lose a couple of pounds (maybe down to 130 - I personally do not think going less than that is a good idea).You are still young and to lose a couple of pounds now will just make it easier later in life when you will pick up a few (normal metabolic slow down as you get older). This will ensure that when and if it happens, you won't go over into overweight and could cause health issues - and this is the only reason why I say this. As to the persons who said go down to 100 - they are just plain idiots, 100 puts you well within underweight category that does have just as bad health implications as overweight!

BMI is not the be all and end all as well. It can overestimate bodyfat in escpecially very muscular and fit people and in other cases underestimate for older and less muscular people. In the end it does though give you an estimation of what you should be. If you are healhty and there is no other health risk factors, and you keep a eye on your weight not to get much more heavy, there is no reason whatsoever to lose more than a few.

- Response by boomslang, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Pretoria, Consulting

You could probably lose about 20 pounds. On us shorter women it does really show. It depends if you are comfortable and healthy.

You are over weight!!!

OH HELL NO!

- Response by scumpig45, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Las Vegas, Celebrity

no you seem just right. not a stick figure and and not kate moose

- Response by rantingmadman, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Transportation

no

- Response by movi, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Administrative

Uh, yeah. Not as fat as the crazy hair-dresser, but still fat. Sorry. ;)

Oh hell YES you are. I'm only 5'1 and I'm about 115 lbs. On someone your size the extra weight makes you look rotund.

Borderline.

- Response by int24h, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Alternative Medicine

Does your weight bother you? It's all how it's porportioned. If it bothers you, then do something about it. If not, then don't worry. I am 5'5 and 145. Sure I'd like to lose some weight, but I think that I look good and it's all good. I do not think that I am fat, I am healthy, inside and out.

- Response by kath3015, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Jill is hot.

You can't rely on the number on the scale. That means nothing.

According to the Body Mass Index (BMI) you should weigh 100-110 lbs.

- Response by elevatorup, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

No. You're fine.

- Response by chessplayer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Administrative

No, you're muscular.

- Response by alecsmart1, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Celebrity

No you're height should range your weight at about 120-145pds you are fine but if you don't feel secure about yourself,

exercise about 30-50 minutes walking don't listen to those exaggerating people about weighing 100 pds or less.

remember eat fruits and vegetables and drink water when you feel thirsty after you have eaten a meal and you still feel hungry drink water and remember eat every 3-5hrs not after 8pm take care.

- Response by cristyquartz, A Creative, Female, 22-25, Managerial

You might be a little overweight, but we can't really tell.
You DON'T need to lose 20lbs. I'm 5'4" and when I weighed 125, people kept asking me if I was anorexic. Don't listen to the people on here who enjoy bringing others down.

- Response by bliss0392, A Thinker, Female, 22-25

You technically are to start with 100 pounds for the first five feet of height.

Then, you add five pounds for each inch after five feet.

So, that would mean 120# should be your average weight. I have found that to be rather slight. If you have a larger frame, I would feel safe in adding five to ten pounds to that.

So, perhaps you could be considered a bit over weight. Certainly not obese by any means.

No, you are not fat, people look better with some meat on their bones. However, try not to gain anymore. Exercise 30 minutes a day. You are young, unfortunately as we age we burn calories at a much slower pace.

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

You're beautiful, ignore the jealous people.

But I really feel sorry for the woman who posted asking for help because she felt ill.... yes. you've guessed, it doesn't take much working out, does it?

- Response by heatherjune123, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, London, Who Cares?

I've just received a warning from the delightful mods for writing my previous entry.

Ahhhh I see its been deleted!

for your height 135 is the ideal weight. be careful. even though 9 pounds doesnt seem like alot you only have to be 20 pounds overweight to more than triple your chances of developing adult onset diabetes. that was all it took with me a little over a year ago
to become pre-diabetic.

your body is Gods temple and He wants you to take care of it! and dont do it as a means of trying to keep up with some insane standard of beauty, especially as a means of trying to catch and keep some
man. do it because you want to add at least 20 years to your life. do it because you dont want to look at going blind being on dialysis
or increasing your risk for cancer. do it espececially because its something that pleases God! nip it in the bud!

1. follow a sensible diet
2. incorporate an intense cardio workout into your daily life
3. learn that you are fearfully and wonderfully made in His image

- Response by u2joshuadesireu, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

no you are ok