I need to move out in weeks with no money saved, no car, and no friend's to stay with?
Sex & Intimacy / 12:09 AM - Sunday August 01, 2010

I moved to Atlanta, Ga 6 months ago from Savannah Ga with $100, one suitcase, a one-way bus ticket, no car, no job, and a temporary place to live. When I got here it was great but that only lasted a month and I couldn't stay where I was at, my friend was a prostitute (I didn't know that when I moved up here) and I didn't feel safe. So I moved twenty mins above Atlanta in the suburbs with another friend where I was safe. I found a job within a week that is five mins away walking and was very proud of myself. Well, I started partying ALOT because I was so bored and lonely (my friend is always out of town) and I got homesick but moving back to Savannah was and is not an option, I basically ignored all responsibilities and lived for the moment. My friend is over it and I have to move out within the next 2 weeks. I don't have any money saved (but can save every dime the next weeks, and I wait tables so it's cash) and I don't know anybody else up here I can stay with. My question is.. how do I survive when I leave here with not much money? I want to get to midtown. This is a HUGE goal of mine to move to Atlanta and make it work and can't give up without really trying! Where am I going to go? Do I start looking for a job without knowing where I am going to sleep and how I will get to work everyday? I am a 26 year old female and former model and attempting to sleep on the streets is not safe... I could really use some advise! Thanks

- Asked by A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, Atlanta, Food Service

"how do I survive when I leave here with not much money"

Continuing with your previous PLAN, I would say, what you do is: FIND ANOTHER FRIEND.

Not very good planning to be sure. It would seem that all of the questions, you are only NOW asking, should have been asked before you ever left Savannah. Now, all of a sudden, you are concerned about no car, no money and no place to live.

I am sorry. I am a really compassionate person. But, I do not believe a word you have written. If you do not get serious about straightening out your life, you are going to get killed out on the streets.

This is not 1960. It is not safe anywhere. Let alone with all these miscellaneous people you loosely call FRIENDS.

First, how are you using email?

Second, work at a co-op grocery store to trade for food to live. Then swap that for money for bus fare and go back home. Your parents are probably worried sick about you.

- Response by zerotohero2, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

I am sure there are some watress jobs in mid town for you to work at. search work in the field your in now, where you want to be. It shouldnt take more than a week to land a watress job with experiance in mid town. Good luck and if all else fails find a good church. You will be suprised.

Go to a homeless shelter where they can house you until you are able to get back on your feet. They can help you get food stamps, low-rent apartments, and even help you find a job. Look for a job doing the same thing you've been doing.

But in all seriousness...GROW UP! You're too old to be partying your life away when you have responsibilities. I would even venture to say that you're too old to not have a stable job, however, I know things happen and circumstances pop up.

How about going to college? They can give you financial aid and help you further your education so that you can get better work.

Good Luck.

- Response by clearlybrooklyn, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, New York, Who Cares?

Try the YWCA for housing and employment assistance.

YWCA of Greater Atlanta · (404) 249-8541
957 N Highland Ave NE · Atlanta · DirectionsEmployment Resource Center · (404) 872-2231

DexKnows.com for shelter and housing assistance,
for example;

Trinity House

(404) 222-0553

Address: 21 Bell St, Atlanta, GA 30303

Please begin to make a plan now. Remember the old
saying "Fail to plan: plan to fail" Assistance
is out there for you. If you have a drug dependancy
problem, be honest with yourself and the YWCA.

Blessings to you!

- Response by WAPenPal, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

Call a women's shelter and ask for help. There are places and organizations that can help.

maybe u should have considered this when you were out partying

needs strart a new life.

- Response by hampton68, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Student