Why do married men develop crushes and/or fall in love with women other than their wives?
Married Life / 7:07 PM - Saturday July 31, 2010

And how many of these men give in to their feelings? Do you know of someone who has done this, or have you ever done it yourself? When you marry someone, your hope for the marriage relies on the fact that that you will always be the only one to the other person, but this isn't always the case.

- Asked by A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Managerial

The fact is, both men and women cheat. It is almost always because they are neglected at home: ignored physically or emotionally. Someone else comes along and gives them that attention, and they appreciate it, and no longer appreciate their spouse. Simple as that. And I don't like to make it that simple, but that is how it is.

My mother told me that usually the reason men initiate a divorce is because they have a mistress, someone already lined out. She has turned out to be right every time. Hate it when that happens.

That is why, in the cases where the woman thinks she was "taking care of her man" and paying attention to him physically and emotionally, and he STILL cheated on her (the mistress was smoking hot), she is so shocked. Those are the narcissists who just couldn't refuse the attention offered them by another woman. Which is where you get the saying that if you want to stay married, marry an ugly man, so the others will leave him alone. No offense, guys, and you do it, too. That's how some of the population eventually does get married, much to even their own amazement.

- Response by naiveladyquestions, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Monogamy is closely related to monotony. Humans are not created to be monogamous.

Having a wife, and loving a wife, has little or no relationship to meeting and loving someone else. In truth, it adds excitement to a boring life and enriches every part of his life, including his marriage.

WhEn God made little boys he gave them a gene which said, Go forth and impregnate as many shemales as you can in your lifetime to perpetuate the human race.
Thats it in a nutshell,

it's just men, women do it too. that's why you have to work at keeping your relationship fresh!

- Response by imissit, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 66 or older, Who Cares?

They don't know what they want. Men seem to want to be free of their obligations and are attracted to women who do not have those restrictions. Ironically, my ex had his "bachelor party" the week our divorce was finalized. He's been henpecked ever since they were married and he now has no "freedom."

- Response by Female, 36-45

I think marriage holds a great many challanges. Many relationship becomes much more then the couple based. It's kids and family members and so on and so forth. Wives often place alot less important on their relationship with their man (kids first or parentas and other fisrt) and begin to neglect the most important person in their lives their husbands! This happens time agiain until the man looks for others to find comfort in. Those others could be women.

- Response by roberthat43, A Jock, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

marriage isnt based on crushes or giddy schoolgirl or schoolboy feelings. its baded on a CHOICE that youre in it for the long haul.
do we get TEMPTED? absolutely Jesus himself was TEMPTED in all points but without SIN. that means its not a sin to be TEMPTED. its just a sin to YIELD TO IT, TO LET IT START TAKING ROOT. nuturing and
coddling temptation is like nuturing and feeding a poisonous snake. it will turn around and bite you. theres a difference between being TEMPTED and a CRUSH. if a man develops a CRUSH that means hes taken that temptation and nutured it for awhile. men and women who fall into this type of thinking not only are usually dissatisfied with some aspect of their marriage, theyre approaching their problems with an immature self centered perspective. i dont always FEEL like i love my faince but ive made THE CHOICE to love him. adult love is a decision, its not a feeling . end of story

- Response by u2joshuadesireu, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

After 21 years together, 16 married, 3 children, I love my wife and want her more than anyone. Work, children, turning 40 something, dealing with complete sobriety, have all contributed, to a relationship where one desires intimacy much more than the other.

Im by no means perfect, but do strive to do my best. As I am getting older, nearing 50, I am feeling more and more neglected. I lost my lover, my friend, even my party buddy. Men are simple, feed us, love us, explore with us, and we wouldn't think twice amount another woman...

- Response by A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Lawyer