At what age can a person retire?
Career / 5:30 AM - Saturday July 31, 2010

At what age can a person retire?

any age, if you have enough money where you don't have to work. Age is not an issue then.

Sometimes it depends on the company .. but Social Security retirement age is generally 65-67, depending on when you were born. That has changed over the years.

Normally though you have to have a certain number of years with a company before you can retire and get a pension.

Different occupations different times D

Never! "Retirement" is a sin. Because of what Adam had done, God commands all of mankind to work until we drop dead.

"In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground" (Genesis 3:19).

- Response by thundermist04167, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

I'd say 60yrs. But for me? The earlier the better.

- Response by katman9x, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Medical / Dental

as soon as they are financially set

By the government: 65-67 I believe is the set age to start collecting on that social security you're being forced to surrender.

By the common standard: whenever you have enough $$ saved up to live comfortably without mooching off the rest of us who still have to work.

any. unless you want to get social security. then you have to either be disabled, in which case you would get ssd, social security disability, or you have to be 65, to get regular social security. also, for regular social security, you have to work pretty much full time for 10 years to get the maximum amount at 65. They go on some "credit" thingy that you get 4 credits / year and need a total of 40 credits... hence, working for 10 years. however, my plan is to win the lotto and retire retarded rich right now at 33. :-) Woot!

- Response by dudemcguy, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Detroit, Student

Any age, it really just depends on what kind of Lifestyle you want to live.

I know a 45 year old millionaire that still work his ass off every day. On the other hand I know a 30 year old that is pretty much retired. He does what he wants, when he wants. He is not at all rich. He gets an income from a small craft business that he runs, but most of the year he is free to do whatever. He live a simple and cheap life. He is relaxes and mellow while my millionaire friend is always pulling his hair out from the stress.

- Response by A Creative, Male, 29-35

I retired when I was disabled in HS- age 15

- Response by A Career Man, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

whenever you feel like it,but legally it's age 62.

- Response by le_gem735713, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Miami, Who Cares?