How do you react when you meet an arrogant idiot?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 8:06 AM - Tuesday July 27, 2010

Granted usually I try to smile, nod, and avoid eye contact; as if I'm in insane asylum where the patients aren't locked, in an attempt to go unnoticed and to not be attacked. However, occasionally I feel the need to put them in their place. And you?

Try to get away from them as quickly and politely as I can manage.

- Response by 1junebug, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

I don't waste a lot of time on them. Trying to put them in their place usually falls on "dead ears" anyway.

I just smile and let them make a fool of themselves. Really that's all the reaction they deserve.

Depends on how badly they are asking for it!!

Sometimes I just kill them with kindness, or say something super nice and let the silence between their blurps drive them crazy....

But best of all is just to grin and stare.

- Response by iowaczechartist, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

If what they have to say isn't going to impact me I just let it all roll off my back. If it is going to affect me than I might have a little something to say. But I know doing so will usually be received as an attack and responded to as such. If I really think I need to I will take things to the mat...verbally and with follow up measures.

- Response by joybird, A Player, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

You are generous. I don't smile or nod. I try to give them a LOT of space, as in 'Go Away From Me.' If they continue to try to breach the space, then yes, I feel the need to put them in their place. Which never lasts long. Arrogant idiots generally are born and also die that way. So its best to just get away from them.

- Response by annandfam, A Thinker, Female, 46-55

They aren't worth my time.

- Response by praisegod, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

Sometimes in life confutation is unavoidable.
I am the mother of an Autistic young man.
If so called Professionals mistake me for stupid because I am pleasant. They live to regret it. I become the bitch that never backs down.

- Response by philosopher1, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55

I tell them to get away from me